• Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Randy
    Where can I buy!?!?!?!??!
    :0P
    I'll have them available on my website for sure and possibly a few other online retailers will carry them as well.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Only two and a half to three months to go!

You DID say that it would be around April or May, did you not?
      JediJaida

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

To be honest i'm more exited about this line than and other new line that's coming out including reWGSH's.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Only two and a half to three months to go!

You DID say that it would be around April or May, did you not?
          Yes, everything is still on schedule for April or May. Any longer than that and the stress will probably kill me.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
            Vet.
            • May 22, 2007

Don't die on us craig...lol It is going to go like a clock. I beleve

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

After choking on the quality issues around the Retro Action Line, I am more excited than ever to see the Buck Rogers release. Show the big boys (namely Mattel) how the real men do it.
              Last edited by MIB41; Feb 16, '10, 7:12 AM.

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

I'm very excited about this line too...

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                  w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                  • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
                  Yes, everything is still on schedule for April or May. Any longer than that and the stress will probably kill me.
                  I don't think you're alone. Speaking for myself, I'm so stoked about this line that the wait is damn near causing me panic attacks! I don't think I've ever been so excited about a new line of figures before. Talk of a scale-accurate starfighter made me almost fall out of my chair!
                  Yeah, I'm a big fan of the show and I always thought the story line was great, but the work you're puting into these figures is what hands-down have made them a must-have for me.
                  Well, I guess I'll go take another nitro and keep on waiting...
                  Last edited by D!n0-M@n; Feb 18, '10, 11:18 PM. Reason: removed space
                  MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• JMC
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 3, 2004

I am looking forward to them as well!

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
                      I don't think you're alone. Speaking for myself, I'm so stoked about this line that the wait is damn near causing me panic attacks! I don't think I've ever been so excited about a new line of figures before. Talk of a scale-accurate starfighter made me almost fall out of my chair!
                      Yeah, I'm a big fan of the show and I always thought the story line was great, but the work you're puting into these figures is what hands-down have made them a must-have for me.
                      Well, I guess I'll go take another nitro and keep on waiting...
                      Thanks for the compliments and I hope a lot more people share your enthusiasm for the line. Trying to do two projects at once, the body and the Buck Rogers figures, has been a huge undertaking for me to say the least but even when I've been stressed to the max I'm still having a lot of fun.

Just to let everyone know where things are at, the prototype clothing and accessories are finished. I'll be sending everything to the factory next week so that work can start on the production pieces ASAP.

Craig

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                        • Sep 17, 2008

Thank you sir for the update. Very excited and anxious to see the finished work!
                        Last edited by D!n0-M@n; Feb 18, '10, 11:42 PM. Reason: added words

Comment

• spamn
                          Minty and All-Original!
                          • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
                          blah blah Talk of a scale-accurate starfighter made me almost fall out of my chair! blah blah

Okay, this is the second person I've heard mention a scale starfighter is actually being considered. I would LOVE for this to come to pass.

Since hearing about the Buck Rogers figure effort - and especially after seeing the pictures - I've been doing a thought experiment on how a companion starfighter could be vacu-molded, since I figure that would be the cheapest way to mass produce it. All I know about vacu-forming is that you can make your own with a decent shopvac, and that any vehicle would have to be accomplished with a minimum of two parts. Probably more like three; exterior top, cockpit, and exterior bottom, and all the pieces would have to snap together somehow. Plus the canopy would likely need to be another separate part and molded rather than vac-formed, and would have to have a snap-in hinge on the cockpit top piece.

And then I wonder; what if the side wings, bottom wings, and cylindrical side parts (and maybe the pointy conical bits) could all be molded separately and snap together somehow? Would that make the molding job easier or harder? And shouldn't it ideally have a swing down 3rd leg under the cockpit so it could sit on the ground in a 'landing' position? I think so.

What I'm saying is, I want one of these enough to contemplate making one myself with no experience. Please don't make me do this; I'd rather buy one.

I'd probably even spring for a $100 ultra detailed one from custom molded plastic too. But I think it'd be great as well if it could be made like those old dimestore plastic cars - or the Mego vehicles - sturdy and cheap.
                          Last edited by spamn; Feb 19, '10, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• william shatners toupee
                            Warriors Gate Productions
                            • Feb 18, 2010

Man, these heads looked great and I can't believe you are looking into doing a Starfighter! I can only hope to hell you get the Classic Galactica license someday!

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                              • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by william shatners toupee
                              I can only hope to hell you get the Classic Galactica license someday!
                              A BIG amen to that!

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 27, 2004

Pictures!!
                                Like M.A.S.K.?
                                www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

Working...
                                😀