X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Removing Blister Bubbles From Card Backings

Okay, I have an interesting question. Has anyone had any success with removing figures from thir blisters and card backings without tearing up or damaging the card backing. I was thinking heat might loosen up the glue. I want to Take my CTVT off the card and keep the cards and put them in them up in reclosable super clams instead after switching out the bodies. Anyone tried doing this with carded figures to save the card backing from damage ?
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I just got a Tony Verdeschi figure that I am loath to remove from the packaging for that very reason! I SO don't want to mess up the package.

The figure looks really good. (Good enough for me to order three Tony heads from CTVT, as well as three of his outfits so I can create my own. I just don't like the flimsy body that he's on.)

You might try a heat embossing gun or hair dryer on "high" to loosen the bubble up, but I'd be veeeeerrrrrry careful about it.
    JediJaida

Comment

• jasonmego1277
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
      I just got a Tony Verdeschi figure that I am loath to remove from the packaging for that very reason! I SO don't want to mess up the package.

The figure looks really good. (Good enough for me to order three Tony heads from CTVT, as well as three of his outfits so I can create my own. I just don't like the flimsy body that he's on.)

You might try a heat embossing gun or hair dryer on "high" to loosen the bubble up, but I'd be veeeeerrrrrry careful about it.

Thanks J that actually worked on some of the cards and others , not so much . It looks like the one that worked had a bare minimum amount of glue keeping the bubble on. I think I may be better of with some repro card backs from Mego73 or Toyroom for the figures super clams.
      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎