X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Taking new orders for the Dida Deluxe Bridge Playset

Good news! I'm back in production with the Space Command playsets thanks to Paul at Laser Mego who worked with me to come up with new plastic consoles to replace the vinyl ones I was sold out of.

They are also fun because you get to cut out and apply the stickers yourself,just like Mego. Some assembly is required--rather than snapping them to the wall, they use rivet style screws. This is an improvement as some folks had trouble snapping the vinyl consoles in place.

Check out the latest pictures of the set fully stocked with the new EMCE crew members and Laser Mego's awesome crew chairs (sold separately at Lasermego.com) I seem to have found a fast and talented helper to build these, so I think I can deliver much faster than before. We are doing a batch this week, so now's a great time to act. I'm hoping to burn up my inventory of Didas this year, so they won't be around forever. A $50 deposit will get work started on your set.

Visit the Dida DisplaysSpace Command Page for pricing on all of the various designs I can make. If you want a bridge that doesn't look like a space age ice cream parlor, this is what you want.

Transporter Room Carrying Cases are also still available. My own design has the curved back wall and spaces for 3 figures, but I also recently made one with a Mego Transporter unit in it, so if you have an extra spinner unit and want to add it to the playset you can.

I'll also have some new playset designs to show very shortly.
    Last edited by megoscott; Aug 7, '09, 9:40 AM.
    This profile is no longer active.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Oh, so we got the crappy sets and now people get the good ones, eh

Nah, just kidding, just kidding

I love my set, with the vinyl consoles you had to snap on, didn't have any problems myself.
    I recommend all Trek fans to get one of these, you'll be amazed
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

any chance of you doing regular old Mego style carrying cases? It'd be cool to have a Trek themed one.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• censy
        thread killer
        • Sep 26, 2007

I hope one of the new playsets will be a POTA one. thunderbolt, I think the old-school carrying cases are a really fun idea.

Chris

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

No. Everything I make is made with the same box parts. They were tooled and manufactured, I have a few hundred of them--so whatever I make is a variation on the basic design. So doing the old Mego carrying box--I assume you mean the 4 figure case?--or anything else for that matter requires spending money on more tooling...so...no.

The POTA set is still in the artwork stage. I have a lot on my plate and need to finish that one. That set means painting 7 or 8 backgrounds...

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Meule--I wouldn't say they are getting the better set, it's the same as you have but with plastic consoles. To my taste the vinyl is cooler because it's so unique--it's just that I'd have to order more of them than I can afford or have confidence I can sell. With laser mego I can order them as needed and they really do the trick. Plus it's fun to put on stickers.

But the vinyl consoles are definitely collectibles now...

Comment

• steelcouch
              Career Member
              • Feb 11, 2006

Whats the availability on the other playsets? Does it have to be a preorder? Was only asking because I was thinking of getting a two teared knights castle.

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

I make everything custom order, so email me to arrange anything you'd like. I do have a new Knights castle coming up that I'm pretty excited about.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

I know this sounds odd, but can you order just the consoles--no stickers or even mounting hardware...just the vinyl consoles?

Another question...did you do the helm console like this as well?
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
                    Meule--I wouldn't say they are getting the better set, it's the same as you have but with plastic consoles. To my taste the vinyl is cooler because it's so unique--it's just that I'd have to order more of them than I can afford or have confidence I can sell. With laser mego I can order them as needed and they really do the trick. Plus it's fun to put on stickers.

But the vinyl consoles are definitely collectibles now...
                    I was kidding with the better set remark, I'm very happy with my vinyl set, to me they are more Megolike
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

This is very exciting news, Scott!
                      :-)
                      I'll be poking around your site . . . .

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by Captain
                        I know this sounds odd, but can you order just the consoles--no stickers or even mounting hardware...just the vinyl consoles?

Another question...did you do the helm console like this as well?
                        We are still working up the helm.

You could probably order some plastic consoles from Paul.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by censy
                          I hope one of the new playsets will be a POTA one. thunderbolt, I think the old-school carrying cases are a really fun idea.

Chris
                          yeah, I meant those. Could do them up for Trek, Night of the Living Dead, POTA, Robin Hood, etc.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎