• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

Colorform Aliens and Zeroids are comming back

I was a Comic con New York, the Guy who owns tha largest collection of
    Outer space men to inclued the 2 of 5 the second series figures , produce a comic, and is thinking of beings back the Figures with maybe females in the works. http://www.outerspacemen.com
    and at castaway booth looks like there movement on binging back these
    great robots as well.
    Captain Action Now.com - the Official Home of Captain Action!
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

The link to Outerspace men isnt working my friend......the only one that does is;

Outer - Home

... but there is no mention of figures,..on the contrary, its Tee-shirts and a graphic novel they're promoting...i see no figures anywhere,...can you provide more light on this matter? Thanks!
    Last edited by captact; Feb 19, '09, 6:04 PM.

Comment

• Eric
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 11, 2008

I really hope they bring these back. I had all of them back in the late 60s and, of course, eventually pulled them all apart piece by piece. This exchange with my mother might just as well have occurred: "What are you doing, Eric?" "Tearing up $1000 bills, mom."

Here's a link (from Google cache) to a picture of the Outer Space Men display at ComicCon.

The Outer Spacemen collection CollectorsQuest.com

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

I WANT THEM AGAIN!!!

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I never had them (I was too young) but I had the Colourforms set, with the pic of the figures on the box; and I REALLY wanted them! I was planning some 8" Mego scale customs, but if someone else wanted to produce 'em it'd save me a lot of work....

Don C.

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

hE'S THINKING ABOUT IT,THE COMIC WAS A COMIC CON HIT.
            At 20 bucks a Graphic novel its a feat.

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Best collection and always the hardest to see in pics.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

These have been a Holy Grail of mine for decades.
                Never had the $$$$$$$ for them.

So please, get us some re-issues!!!!
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Eric
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 11, 2008

I'm amazed that bendys such as the Colorforms Outer Space Men and Mattel's Major Matt Mason haven't been brought back. First, the production doesn't seem like it would be as complicated as, say, recreating Captain Action or Mego's 8-inch lines. Also, it doesn't look as if getting rights would be that much of a problem, especially for Major Matt Mason, which Mattel owns (assuming they produced the remakes themselves). We're not talking DC characters here.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Matt Masons were actually remade a couple of years ago by a japanese company.
                    They were so popular, the figures went for more than the originals...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by Eric
                      I'm amazed that bendys such as the Colorforms Outer Space Men and Mattel's Major Matt Mason haven't been brought back. First, the production doesn't seem like it would be as complicated as, say, recreating Captain Action or Mego's 8-inch lines. Also, it doesn't look as if getting rights would be that much of a problem, especially for Major Matt Mason, which Mattel owns (assuming they produced the remakes themselves). We're not talking DC characters here.
                      Mattel does hold the right to Matt Mason and guards them like Cinderella, They won't give them up but they don't want the property touched by anyone else. It's very wierd . . . . however the survey that mattel just put out did have Matt Mason as one of the products they were looking into.

The Japanese remakes or "Clones" were quashed by Mattel as soon as they hit the market and that is what drove their price up.

I spoke with Joe Ahern about Zeroids not too long ago and he said they were still aways off, I would love to see the Zeroids and the CFA's!!! Come on David & Jason let's see you do these!!
                      -jim
                      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Eric
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 11, 2008

I managed to get a set of the four Matt Mason "clones" a few years back when they were reasonably priced. Even if Mattel hadn't had them yanked off the market, the government would have. They were made in China and had strong warnings about child safety on the back of the package (I think there might have even been a note about not being able to sell them in California or something like that) ... and of course, the company name: Leadworks.

Ah, the good old days!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Eric
                          They were made in China and had strong warnings about child safety on the back of the package (I think there might have even been a note about not being able to sell them in California or something like that) ... and of course, the company name: Leadworks.

Ah, the good old days!

Strange days. You can't even sell lead to kids anymore....

Comment

• AAAAA
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            Matt Masons were actually remade a couple of years ago by a japanese company.
                            They were so popular, the figures went for more than the originals...
                            yeah I remenber that they were nice!

Comment

• Eric
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 11, 2008

Here's a nice YouTube video put together by someone with a great collection of Colorforms Outer Space Men, perhaps to interest someone in reproducing them.

YouTube - ] by Mel

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎