Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego 12" represented in the 1:6th scale collectors forums?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

Mego 12" represented in the 1:6th scale collectors forums?

I recently discovered the 1:6 scale forums on other sites, and I am wondering if the 8" scale has always won the momentum as far as repro-ing for mego. The way I recall growing up, Mego had constantly wanted to move on to that scale. The large Superman from mego is still my all time favorite. Plus, I think that the 12" hulk looks better next to the 8" spidey.

The Star Trek 1 Klingon was absolutley wonderful. I wonder if EMCE would ever remake that one!
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

I think the biggest issue with the Mego 12"ers was that they were out of scale with most traditional 1/6 scale figures. I found that frustrating at the time....Bionic man had a similar problem, but it was less evident for that line for some reason?

Back when they were still in business, Resaurus Toys had the rights to produce 12" Galaxy Quest figures. The pictures of the prototypes showed a re-use of a Mego 12" body. When I spoke with one of the Resaurus surviviors who had started their own company (Plan B Toys if my memory is working right)a few years later, I asked them about it. They said it they hadnt used old Mego bodies, but a body supplied by one of their Chinese factory contacts at the time....Naturally, I grilled them to find out which factory,hoping they might have some long lost Mego molds sitting in the warehouse somewhere, but the Plan B guy couldnt remember. Aargh!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎