X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

I finally took the plunge!

For the past 9 months I have been talking about buying CTT repros of the Super Knights and the Merry Men and replacing the CTT bodies with Doc Mego bodies. Well today I finally placed the order and included the Mad Monsters for good measure.

I've ordered from CTT before. I got their Jet Jungle back in February and have ordered various outfits and accessories that I couldn't get from Doc. I haven't had anything arrive broken yet and I have to say that they are super quick with shipping.
    Scott
  • miguet
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 11, 2007

Have you ever purchase the body suits for both male and female bodies? If so, how do they fit?

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

No bodysuits just Frankenstein outfit, an extra Jet Jungle outfit, and some civilian clothing like a white dress suit.
      Scott

Comment

• miguet
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 11, 2007

Okay, thanks. I think I need to take the plunge and buy some stuff too. Most of the stuff I don't need now but with my luck, CTVT will run out when I need them.

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

I loved the CTVT Mummy. Just so clean and beautiful. The rest of them I hated. They just lost something in reproducing the sculpts and the wolfman paint and fur was the worst. The Knights, Pirates, and Merry Men were all fantastic reproductions.
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by miguet
            Okay, thanks. I think I need to take the plunge and buy some stuff too. Most of the stuff I don't need now but with my luck, CTVT will run out when I need them.
            That was my thinking too. For the past few months they have been selling their sets of figures on eBay, you know "buy it now for $25...50 sets available" but I noticed yesterday that the Merry Men set that started out as 46 available completely sold out. I found that a little odd because I didn't think that there was a huge demand for them.
            Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Type3Toys
              I loved the CTVT Mummy. Just so clean and beautiful. The rest of them I hated. They just lost something in reproducing the sculpts and the wolfman paint and fur was the worst. The Knights, Pirates, and Merry Men were all fantastic reproductions.
              I didn't plan on ordering the Mad Monsters set even though of the three repro sets that was the only series that I owned as a child but the loose price seemed worth it even if I upgrade the bodies.
              Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

All the figures arrived today. I got a laugh out of it since I purchased the loose figures instead of the boxed to save $1-$2 on each figure and the figures came boxed with portions of the top flap ripped off. The Monsters were loose, just wrapped in a comic bag. My first perusal didn't notice anything broken other than one of the wings on the Black Knight's helmet. That should be an easy fix with Crazy Glue. The bodies on the Monsters are SUPER tight and I can see that a Doc Mego body might not fit in the Mummy's outfit. As soon as I fully check these figures out I'll post more about them.
                Scott

Comment

• blastphemey
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 11, 2008

the body suits fit reslly tight them but then at the hands it looks kind of goofy because they flare out so much.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Last night I finally got around to opening up my three CTT sets and doing body swaps with Dr. Mego bodies. And the Black Knight's helmet wing wasn't broken, it just fell out of it's hole.

Frankenstein: fits snug in the crotch area of the DM body but no other issues.
                    Dracula: will not fit on a DM body. Way too tight, I could barely pull the bodysuit up past the knees.
                    Mummy: I didn't even attempt because I could see the bodysuit is too tight for the CTT body.
                    Wolfman: No issues at all. Nice fit.

The Merry Men all made the swap with no issues at all. Well, with the exception of Friar Tuck since DM doesn't make fat bodies.

The Super Knights didn't have any real issues going from CTT bodies to DM bodies other than CTT really used too much glue on the chestplates. Alot of the glue made its way onto the chainmail bodysuits and caused some slight ripping of the suits. If you didn't know this, the chestplate armor is not snap-on, it's glued together so you have to be patient and cut the seems of the armor. Also the silver belt do not detach, they have to be cut as well. Oh, and put the chestplate on the new body BEFORE putting the head on the body. The chainmail bodysuits are a little baggy, but not much, on both the CTT and DM bodies. King Arthur's bodysuit is a little tight in the armpits on the DM body.

Overall I am pleased with the experience. The cost of the CTT figures was great, CTT shipped within a couple of days, and the figures that were swapped out look very good. The only real drawback, besides the Mummy & Dracula, is that CTT put their 'mark" on some odd places. Like instead of marking the shield on the underside as "CTV" to let you know that it's a replica, they put it on the frontside of the shield.
                    Last edited by Action Martin; Oct 5, '08, 10:47 AM.
                    Scott

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Action Martin
                      I didn't plan on ordering the Mad Monsters set even though of the three repro sets that was the only series that I owned as a child but the loose price seemed worth it even if I upgrade the bodies.
                      I would stay on the look out for a Human Wolfman shirt(original) on ebay.
                      You can find them alone in nice shape. It would be worth getting and swapping for the CTVT one. Wolfie is far to cool a character to not have a nice one in your collection!
                      LOOK

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Oh, and I started painting your hands and feet last night. I can't wait to put them on Wolfie.
                        Scott

Comment

• Type3Toys
                          Home Of The Type3 Body
                          • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Action Martin
                          Oh, and I started painting your hands and feet last night. I can't wait to put them on Wolfie.
                          Make sure you post pics! When you are ready, I have the Human Wolfman with open jaws too. Paint that to match the hands and you get one cool looking Wolfman!
                          LOOK

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍