Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else obsessively checking Big Lots?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
    I have no plans on buying these but a friend of mine from CT asked me to pick up Superman if I saw it. So last night I went to the Big Lots in East Stroudsburg, PA and didn't see them in the Christmas section or the toy aisles.
    I went back again last Sunday. Still nothing.
    Scott

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

You're in the Rochester area, right? I stopped into the stores in Geneva and Canandaigua late last week and found squat. I'm sure I was about a week too late judging by the recent northeast sightings on the MA Facebook page..

Originally posted by TRDouble
      I finally got lucky last week, about a week or so after I gave up and bought Superman and Robin from Tammy's Toy Box, which felt reasonably priced. Walmart Canada will have these delayed indefinitely, so I just got the two I really wanted.

One one last search, I knew I missed them at one Big Lots because they had the Mego Minix on the shelf (that no one is talking about... Wednesdays are pretty neat looking!). I hit another one which I do not think is getting them, which led me to another one when had a lone Superman that I picked up. I decided to try one last Big Lots and jackpot! Full case. I bought two Robins and Two Batmans and used two $10 off when you spend $40 coupons (with a couple of candy bars to get the total over $40) to get them for $15 each. I thought about the Joker, but I haven't even opened my regular version and the purple hands are just eh. And I didn't need a third Superman.

So, happy to have finally found these in the store, but it's luck of the draw. If I didn't find them that day, there is a good chance I would have never found them. Hoping another collector found the remaining ones (a set minus Robin).

Comment

• The Batman Professor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 15, 2010

Replaced the Mego belt with an extra FTC
        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
          You're in the Rochester area, right? I stopped into the stores in Geneva and Canandaigua late last week and found squat. I'm sure I was about a week too late judging by the recent northeast sightings on the MA Facebook page..

Sorry; I have been on and offline lately. I found them in the Buffalo area. I finally checked the Henrietta Big Lots last Friday and saw the Wednesday Minx, which was the sign (I believe) that they had come and gone from that store.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Today the Big Lots in Aloha, Oregon had Batman and Joker.
            It's been a while, but I got some cash for Christmas and I'm going back Thursday to see if they still have Batman and Joker. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

I have no BigLots here in the Bronx I believe. Does anyone know if I could order via a Website?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher

It's been a while, but I got some cash for Christmas and I'm going back Thursday to see if they still have Batman and Joker. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.
                They did not have them anymore. Bummer!

Comment

• Z-man 307
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 15, 2010

Still nothing here in Tampa, FL, but I was over in Eustis, FL today (rural area closer to Orlando) and found a singular Batman in the toy aisle. He looks cash fresh so I'm not sure how long he has been there. I asked if they had more/other characters, but the cashier didn't know how to check??? Anyway, glad to have Bats and hope to run across the others some day.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                    I have no BigLots here in the Bronx I believe. Does anyone know if I could order via a Website?
                    I checked their website a couple of times. I've searched Mego, Superman, Batman, Robin, and Joker. Nothing.
                    Scott

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I have given up on looking for these at the beginning of this year but I wandered into one yesterday out of curiosity and found a lone batman finally in the toy aisle on the top shelf face down. So I think I will be looking out for them again.

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

I popped into our local Big Lots last month on a whim and found Joker and Superman. Bought them both.
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

I still need a Joker so maybe I'll start hunting again.
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• hizzy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 1, 2023

Joker was the only one not available in Canada. The prices on eBay are crazy!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎