X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by wise guy
    Some here on this site believed these were the only versions of these charectors ever, and I got suckered too.
    Myself and others attempted to correct this misnomer at every turn from the very beginning. Some people just refused to listen.

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
      • May 18, 2014

I am so done waiting for these... there is absolutely no way to cancel your order?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

It has become a bit of a long haul even to receive an update as to where the figures are at.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
          It has become a bit of a long haul even to receive an update as to where the figures are at.
          That's something I would appreciate: I mean I ordered a (self published) book about The Monkees last spring, and the author kept us in the loop all along as to where things were with the book, up to and including when they were shipped... I see no good reason why Topps/Mego couldn't extend us the same courtesy.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

How are Topps and Mego supposed to know where the ship is on the water, where the container is on the dock and when customs is examining the contents? It's not like the cases have gps locators in them. They said the ship was on the water and they expected them to be received a month ago. With all the delays, they could take a while longer to actually get processed. The supply chain all across the world has been disrupted for a really long time. I'm sure toys are very low on the list of important product that needs to be processed. People should try to be realistic...
            I'm still waiting on some wave 14 figures I pre-ordered last August. Collectemtoys still haven't received all of them yet.
            Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 22, '22, 2:57 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

This Topps thing has me now collecting McFarlane DCU figures, and a big loss of interest in Mego.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Wait was there a Topps/Mego deal? Did I miss something? First I've heard of this.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                    Wait was there a Topps/Mego deal? Did I miss something? First I've heard of this.
                    Topps is now doing the Mego Museum Cards, you can get exclusives of the Aquaman in Action card, 0 made of 0 hurry before they sell out!

Comment

• MegoMonk
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 22, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                      That's something I would appreciate: I mean I ordered a (self published) book about The Monkees last spring, and the author kept us in the loop all along as to where things were with the book, up to and including when they were shipped... I see no good reason why Topps/Mego couldn't extend us the same courtesy.
                      I ordered that Monkees book, too and had the same good experience with the author providing updates. i'm glad I only ordered two Topps figures, since they are taking too long, and now Mego has general release plans for essentially the same figures.

Comment

• toyman
                        Just Another Collector
                        • Sep 1, 2008

If anyone really is that upset with their TOPPS purchase why not just contact your CC company and tell them you haven't gotten your items and they will refund you, it's that simple. You should be looking at the bright side of it all. If you did order them you have one of the most limited figures ever offered on the card!!! It's a very easy resale if you decide it's a bad memory for you, heck I'll buy them from you for what you paid plus shipping and shipping to me!!! Now that's a fair deal I believe. Everybody just relax and accept that they will arrive and be excited.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by toyman
                          If anyone really is that upset with their TOPPS purchase why not just contact your CC company and tell them you haven't gotten your items and they will refund you, it's that simple. You should be looking at the bright side of it all. If you did order them you have one of the most limited figures ever offered on the card!!! It's a very easy resale if you decide it's a bad memory for you, heck I'll buy them from you for what you paid plus shipping and shipping to me!!! Now that's a fair deal I believe. Everybody just relax and accept that they will arrive and be excited.
                          Excellent - you can Paypal me $400 today and you’ll get them at some point.

Oh wait… that doesn’t work for you?

I can assure you, I’m a helluva lot more reliable than Topps/Mego.
                          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• RSS
                            Museum Robot
                            • May 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                            Excellent - you can Paypal me $400 today and you’ll get them at some point.

Oh wait… that doesn’t work for you?

I can assure you, I’m a helluva lot more reliable than Topps/Mego.

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

I don't there is any goal in telling folks to simmer down about any financial issue where they feel there has been a misstep.
                              On the other hand, I get it about the shipping issues, I also get how folks said it would be all but illegal to make these plastics
                              here at home.

So welcome to 2022. Wait until you see the 30's you'll be making your toys about of bark.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

All I wanted were the Hammer figures and came close to pulling the trigger. If I wasn't in another state for a funeral that was unexpected I would have bought them during the overlap day. I am happy that I will be able to get some version of them down the road.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎