Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Does anyone else here almost get afraid to mention the Topps in fear of MM Civil War battles?

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Not me, but I hope that Mego has learned a lot from the Topps disaster, particularly in relation to who their audience is.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not sure why anyone considers the Topps deal a disaster. Shipping is delayed all over the world for all items, not just the Topps figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Someone from the UK got a email response from Topps UK saying that the figures have not shipped yet from the source.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• puckace
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 5, 2009

Not concerned. As long as these ship and arrive in good shape, it'll be fine. If they do all come together in one box, I will be disappointed if all the shipping charges remain the same.

Comment

• Monstar
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I'm not sure why anyone considers the Topps deal a disaster. Shipping is delayed all over the world for all items, not just the Topps figures.
              I might not call it a disaster but the lack of updates is kinda frustrating. Any ballpark on delivery? I ordered the Hammer figures so maybe reveal the differences between the exclusives and the "variants"? Packaging mock-ups? Something....
              http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 24, 2020

man im so glad i never got mixed up with this ufff
                Last edited by toyhunter1970; Apr 17, '22, 5:34 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I'm happy I bought the ones I did. Waiting for them is fine with me.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

I'm glad I bought the ones I did too. I expected to have to wait awhile for them. I've waited more than a year for some of the Super 7 stuff I have preordered. No complaints.

Comment

• askzak70
                      • Sep 11, 2018

I too am glad for the TOPPS/MEGO figures I preordered as well. And have waited over a year on Super7, Neca and Zica figures too. I will wait like many others with excitement for final delivery. And plan to order some variants.

However, more responsible companies like Super7, Neca and Zica do at least have the common courtesy to send out order, factory and shipment updates to us customers; letting us know the status of our orders when delays or problems arise and revised delivery expectations.

If not for those questioning and some possible MEGO Ambassadors taking responsibility to get updates for us (and posting), we may still be thinking in terms of 90 to 100 days from close of each order placement end.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by askzak70
                        However, more responsible companies like Super7, Neca and Zica do at least have the common courtesy to send out order, factory and shipment updates to us customers; letting us know the status of our orders when delays or problems arise and revised delivery expectations.

I do think that an update here and there certainly wouldn't hurt.

Even something as simple as saying where they are in terms of being produced, and if the figures are now complete, saying where they are in terms of being shipped or whatever... Good customer service like that goes a long way...

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by apes3978
                          I do think that an update here and there certainly wouldn't hurt.

Even something as simple as saying where they are in terms of being produced, and if the figures are now complete, saying where they are in terms of being shipped or whatever... Good customer service like that goes a long way...
                          Updates are a huge differentiator between the good Kickstarter companies and the not so good ones. I do a number of gaming Kickstarters, and it is not unusual to have weekly/every other week updates to your backers.

Probably not an issue for now, but if they decide to dip their toe in these waters again, Mego would do well to make that a bigger focus.

Comment

• toyman
                            Just Another Collector
                            • Sep 1, 2008

I have all and duplicates of several ordered and I have no problem with the shipping time. It'll be a welcome surprise when they do arrive.

Comment

• shazam7208
                              Career Member
                              • Oct 28, 2008

I waited 2 years for the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman w/cape statue on preorder from BBTS, so waiting on these was expected and I don't have a problem with it. I'm glad I ordered the ones I did too and I'm sure they will be great when they do arrive.

I'll also pick up some of the variants when they hit too.

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

If I had known about the regular releases , I would have skipped the Topps preorders. Some here on this site believed these were the only versions of these charectors ever, and I got suckered too.I told Topps that I am o.k with refunds but they are clueless
                                about Megos on their site and what to do.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎