X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    "It's been addressed" does not mean it's been fixed yet. I would assume that the wave 15 figures will be on the same short bodies.
    What do you think it means, then?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

It's Mego's business and their bottom line, so only they know for sure, but a concrete statement such as "the height corrected bodies will be available on wave xx" would go a long way.

My guess is that x number of sidekick bodies have been made along with sidekick sized heads, and that the cost dynamics of it mean that Mego is stuck with them until they sell through and that they don't want to risk those sales by announcing when a corrected body will be available.

Given the timeframe of production involved I'd be stunned if wave 15 is on corrected bodies. Hope I'm wrong on that. I think we'd be lucky if a corrected body is even through the development process at this point.

There is still value in the new bodies, though---Wolverine, Teen Titans, etc., and Batman Beyond should be just about right on a smaller body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        I think it means that they are in the process of either fixing the tooling or making new ones. It's not a very speedy process to redesign the body and modify or replace the steel molds.

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

I think it means folks like me who spent $$$ on multiple Topps and regular Captain Marvel and Black Adam, just cuz we luv the characters and the released pics looked so dang good, r FOOLS!

We (Mego) got your $$$....too bad it's on the crap-o-la Sidekick body. The height issue is "minimal," and if the hip and waist joints r loose just buy some O-rings to solve the problem. Didn't they know about the height and loose joints issues when they had the GI Joes in hand? I am almost certain the comments with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were all positive regarding that Side kick body.

Sorry folks for being so negative with my comments. But, I just find words such as "minimal" (height) issue a bit insulting to intelligence and observation. And, calling that Sidekick body anything else aside from short and loose misleading.
          Last edited by nubee; Jun 13, '22, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Kor looks like a toddler.
            I know I'm a broken record on this particular one, but I don't mind that Brent is on the shorter body, as he's shorter than Taylor anyway.

That said, I *do* hope the new astronaut garbed Taylor will be on the old, regular size body. That leads me to ask: Does anyone think there's a possibility of Taylor being old body styled, perhaps they were making the astronaut outfitted wide release figures at the same time they were making the Topps exclusives?

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
              My guess is that x number of sidekick bodies have been made along with sidekick sized heads, and that the cost dynamics of it mean that Mego is stuck with them until they sell through and that they don't want to risk those sales by announcing when a corrected body will be available.
              I think you may be right about that, but I hope it *doesn't* cause people to not buy any new Megos at all.

Yeah, they probably should have done better market research or took opinions from people online or whatever regarding the shorter body, but I would hate to see people boycott new figures with the new bodies, which could cause them (Mego) to say heck with it all and stop production on any planned/upcoming waves.
              Last edited by apes3978; Jun 13, '22, 4:15 AM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

I think it means that they are in the process of either fixing the tooling or making new ones. It's not a very speedy process to redesign the body and modify or replace the steel molds.
                Could be, but then they should/would have said it’s being addressed, versus it’s been addressed.

Maybe that’s just the English professor in me, though.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by apes3978
                  I know I'm a broken record on this particular one, but I don't mind that Brent is on the shorter body, as he's shorter than Taylor anyway.

That said, I *do* hope the new astronaut garbed Taylor will be on the old, regular size body. That leads me to ask: Does anyone think there's a possibility of Taylor being old body styled, perhaps they were making the astronaut outfitted wide release figures at the same time they were making the Topps exclusives?
                  I hope so. I have the Topp’s Taylor and he’s on the old body. It’s hard to imagine two different factories producing the same figure, just one on the old body and one on the new. Guess we’ll have to wait and see though.

Either way, they should have caught the size error earlier. No way it should’ve made it to production before someone realized the problem.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I don't like that any of these are short. I realize that Lee/FTC scuttled any more Mego-like bandless body, but this new is a disappointment except as custom fodder. Not very Megoesque IMO.
                    I am confused about this statement, especially with the new 6" Type-S bodies from FTC/CTVT. Can you elaborate?

Originally posted by apes3978
                    I think you may be right about that, but I hope it *doesn't* cause people to not buy any new Megos at all.

Yeah, they probably should have done better market research or took opinions from people online or whatever regarding the shorter body, but I would hate to see people boycott new figures with the new bodies, which could cause them (Mego) to say heck with it all and stop production on any planned/upcoming waves.
                    I don't think Mego planned to make shorter bodies; it just happened. But I agree; I saw Palisades Toys basically go out of business when their first Micronauts series had major quality issues with lots of breakage and sale plummeted. They were not able to recover. I don't see Mego going that way, but when major snafus like this happen to small companies, it's always a concern.

I am still trying to figure out how I feel about the Topps Megos. Suffice to say, it's mixed.

My final package comes today with my two Shazam! figures.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Could be, but then they should/would have said it’s being addressed, versus it’s been addressed.

Maybe that’s just the English professor in me, though.
                      Being addressed and being fixed are two entirely different things. Having been addressed could mean it was discussed and a plan was made.
                      Here is one of the definitions of addressed, "think about and begin to deal with (an issue or problem)". Which is exactly how I understand the statement made.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        My final package comes today with my two Shazam! figures.
                        The only figure I've received so far is Shazam!.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Wave 15 and Topps were more than likely produced in the same run since most used similar tooling for the heads. So they would be on the same Tom Cruise bodies

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Personal opinion here, but on the shelf and in my case, I don't notice the size difference much. Mileage may vary, and I hope Mego addresses this moving forward, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I haven't had any QC issues with them either. I've had far more QC issues with FTC product. They have continued to stay in business and people have continued to buy from them, despite a large number of very vocal complaints, and almost no response or change from the company.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Being addressed and being fixed are two entirely different things. Having been addressed could mean it was discussed and a plan was made.
                              Here is one of the definitions of addressed, "think about and begin to deal with (an issue or problem)". Which is exactly how I understand the statement made.
                              I’ve never known “it’s been addressed” to mean “we haven’t done anything to solve the problem” but you could certainly be right. Anything is possible. I don’t think Mego is playing a game of semantics here, but either way I think we’ll know soon enough.

I truly hope this is just a blip. Mego has put out so much good product since they’re return, I just want to see it go as long as it can.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                                I am confused about this statement, especially with the new 6" Type-S bodies from FTC/CTVT. Can you elaborate?
                                Sure, my OP was terse.

IMO, what most Mego-style fans expect of an upgraded body, whether adult or teen, is close to the Type S. Mego-looking, but sturdier and with better articulation. Similar height, same general build.

Lee's figure, and its vending by a Mego competitor, have forced Mego Corp. to develop something different--which IMO feels "non-Mego."
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 13, '22, 6:06 PM.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎