for all in uk or europe just got this from royal mail
    looks like were going to get our soon

only ordered shazam myself

Hi christopher dodd

We've received your parcel from Topps Europe Ltd. Delivery is due:

Friday, 10 June 2022*

Between

09:34am and 12:34pm*
    We won't need a signature. Not going to be in?
    captain marvel arrived

i was hoping for the yellow trim version but this looks nice and the gold is well done ,its a flimsier material it seems than the mattel version which seems to integrate better with the suit at this scale ,i would have prefered conan boots as i think they would look better and especially at this smaller scale
    head sculpt is nice but he reminds me of bruce willis in his moonlighting days for some reason lol

but crikey he looks small in comparison to the vintage captain and the older mego redos ,i don't mind it too much and if they correct it id buy again or if they redo their earlier dc releases ill just treat it as a subset

it arrived well packed and in great condition so im happy i preordered

20220610_110918.jpg

20220610_111035.jpg

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks for the pics.

Captain Marvel should have been my highlight of the Topps Megos but given the sidekick body he is on, I lack enthusiasm for its arrival. I might use the head and replace the Mattel head for my custom. I hope the general release one will CM and Black Adam on a proper size body.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Got TMP Spock and Kor today. Spock looks great, and I hope we get more TMP figured.

Kor’s head sculpt is excellent, but the new body makes him look like a toddler. I hope the updated bodies will be more to scale so I can do a head swap.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Two more deliveries today, so I am only waiting on two separate shipments of Captain Marvel and Black Adam.

I have Green Arrow & Ra's, Worf, and ST:TMP Spock & Kor.

Worf looks fantastic.
          Yes. Worf is excellent. What did you think of Kor?

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

with reference to captain shazam ,in hind sight i think i now prefer the gold trim on the figure as it seem more appropriate with the realism of the head sculpt ,not sure the yellow would fare so well

your mileage may vary lol

20220611_143356.jpg

Comment

• tatsunokofan
              • Dec 5, 2019

Hi all!

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              Yes. Worf is excellent. What did you think of Kor?
              I really like Kor! Doing a comparison between Kor and Kang, and you really notice all the extra effort that went into Kor's uniform, including the detailing on his belt buckle, the better fitting sash with the extra doo-dads on it, the squared collar on his shirt, and silver paint on his disrupter. He was more expensive than Kang, but we do get something for that money!

I like Spock's more "screen accurate" uniform, though part of me wishes they had gone with the prototype's "screen inaccurate" vintage 12" Mego-style Spock uniform, leaving this version for a general release. I'm assuming the use of a TV series Spock photo on the back of the card is the Curse of the Style Guide striking again.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the figures, and am looking forward to the impending arrival of the four Planet of the Apes figures!

James

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

IMG_20220610_210543278_HDR.jpgIMG_20220610_210605945_HDR.jpg

I don't understand why Mego claimed the height difference is minimal.

Kor is on that horrible kinda loose hip joint Sidekick body and Kang is on a regular Mego body NOT a Type S.

Good thing about this is maybe those who couldn't buy them when they were offered are able to find them on eBay for a reasonable price. I can't see anyone paying even retail price for Megos on that Sidekick body.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

Kor looks great. Hope the re-release (or variant?) is this good.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by nubee
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]33239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33240[/ATTACH]

Kor is on that horrible kinda loose hip joint Sidekick body and Kang is on a regular Mego body NOT a Type S.

Good thing about this is maybe those who couldn't buy them when they were offered are able to find them on eBay for a reasonable price. I can't see anyone paying even retail price for Megos on that Sidekick body.
                    Wow, that is a stark difference. I haven't taken Kor or TMP Spock off their cards yet. My idea is to get the Kor on a corrected body from retail, and just leave this one MOC. We'll see, though.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by nubee
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33240[/ATTACH]

Back to back and side by side like that, you really can see there's a substantial difference in height.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i actually like that there is a slight height difference. gives a little contrast on the shelf

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          i actually like that there is a slight height difference. gives a little contrast on the shelf
                          The height difference between Kor and Kang doesn’t bother me. It does give them contrast. Plus actor John Colicos was average height and Michael Ansara was tall.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

It's a matter of perspective. Kor next to Kang isn't too bad. Kirk towering over Kor is not optimal though.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Would love to hear Mego say that... "If you can prove that you have the small body version..We will replace it with correct size body for free".

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                                It's a matter of perspective. Kor next to Kang isn't too bad. Kirk towering over Kor is not optimal though.
                                Makes it easier for Kirk to kick his butt.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎