X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Mego Nun - Pictorial review

Good morning all. Thanks to some very positive and encouraging feedback, I'm going to post pictorials of some of the new Megos I've picked up recently. This morning I'll start with the Nun in the Walmart exclusive box.

I love the box graphics and the overall product representation with this approach. I think it really makes all their figures pop and stand out in a store display.

Each box is composed of an insert along with a tray that comfortably holds each figure (no bands required to hold them in place).

I'll cut straight to the feature most cool on this figure. The head is composed of two facial features (reminiscent of the Big Jim era for those who grew up back then like myself). So if you see the figure with either expression, you get both with the one figure if you open them up. Paul just made sure the mint-in-box collectors had a chance to show them posed both ways in the package.

This feature is nicely concealed through the use of the head piece which hugs the front of the head thanks to a wire that runs along the front edges, so you can manipulate it's appearance. No wire system for the back.

The back of the outfit is attached with the standard Velcro connection along with a belt and shoes which gives her descent stability for posing.

And of course when you're ready to put her back in the box, you can pick which expression you want to use, until the next time. Its a very cool figure that really pops in the package. I've never seen this movie to know much about the character, but the design and overall appearance made this an easy pick up, especially with the new feature included. Its almost like getting two figures in one.

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I’m also in the camp of never saw the film, but I enjoyed the novelty of the dual expression head and monster ness of the figure to pick one up. The packaging is indeed fantastic, and I would enjoy seeing MEGOcorp explore more releases like this in the future.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks! The head design is very cool and perfect to do on a figure like this. The boxes are well done too.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Its fun to see Mego expanding their creative canvas and reaching for different approaches like this. Add in the new bodies and it definitely feels like a new day with a more expansive vision outside of just being nostalgic for their past. In my mind, they're now passing that last post where they made everything on the type 2 body and are heading for new frontier with a bigger vision.

My 30 year old step-son never got into Mego figures because he related to them as being comedic products from Robot Chicken. He actually thought the figures were made ABOUT the show, so he never took them seriously. His sensibilities about it were based on how he was introduced to them. But when he saw these new figures, especially the horror ones, he came up to me and said, "These are dope! I'm want them." So now HE is collecting a line because he sees a different approach that speaks to his generation (not just ours). I think that is very cool.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎