X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    the card art looks the same as what we saw being offered overseas so what is the Topps exclusiveness of these?

I will fully say that I had not followed the whole Mego/Topps deal from the beginning (only signing up and buying when the APES stuff became available), but I was under the assumption that the exclusiveness of these figures was supposed to be that they were only going to be offered thru Topps?

I didn't think the exclusiveness had anything to do with any sort of special packaging, I thought the big deal was supposed to be the figures themselves... Was I wrong about this?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

If the new bodies are shorter at least Quark will look on model.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

some of the figures seem to be sitting lower in the bubble. some appear fine. i think it may just be the bubbles that are giving the illusion of a smaller scale. i guess we will find out in a couple months, unless someone actually in the know wants to chime in

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
          [/U][/B]

I will fully say that I had not followed the whole Mego/Topps deal from the beginning (only signing up and buying when the APES stuff became available), but I was under the assumption that the exclusiveness of these figures was supposed to be that they were only going to be offered thru Topps?

I didn't think the exclusiveness had anything to do with any sort of special packaging, I thought the big deal was supposed to be the figures themselves... Was I wrong about this?
          they never really clarified what the exclusiveness actually was. at least not that i have seen. several of the figures showed up on an italien website for pre-order and several also appeared at the UK toy show. the cards i saw appear to be the same as what was just revealed. so the thought had been, either the clothes the figure is in would be the topps exclusive, or the package would be. but from what I have seen, it appears to be the same

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

These do look smaller than regular bodies and Green Arrow's hood looks too big

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

[/U][/B]

I'm confused by the whole Topps exclusiveness. Looking at the pictures, I see figures that you would think would/should be released to the mass market like Replica Zira, Shazam, Black Adam, Worf, and Sisko. The pre-arrival prices of the Topps POTA figures on eBay are crazy.
              Scott

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

[/U][/B]…I didn't think the exclusiveness had anything to do with any sort of special packaging, I thought the big deal was supposed to be the figures themselves... Was I wrong about this?
                I recall it was mentioned in one or two of the video chat sessions and on the Topps website at the time of order (and even currently in the archive pages) that these would come boxed (Product Type Hobby Box), so there's bound to be some confusion.

Otherwise, I did think the same thing… these would be exclusive versions of figures that may or may not be produced later with different outfits, accessories, etc.
                Last edited by Confessional; Feb 14, '22, 10:49 AM. Reason: …should have ordered more than two!

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                  • Dec 5, 2019

Overall, I'd say that they look pretty good! However, I noticed that Brent has apparently lost the name badge on his uniform. It's clearly visible on the prototype, but nowhere to be seen on the version in the new photos. Of course, this isn't all bad -- if you have an extra Brent and an extra Taylor, a quick swap of clothes gets you a spacesuit Taylor! Heck, you could even put the spacesuits on vintage Burke and Virdon figures and recreate their look from the first episode of the TV series...!

James

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

WOW!
                    I'm loving the way the shoulders look so pronounced.

And it looks like the heads are in a good scale to the body too.
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Can't unsee that size difference. That seems a pretty major goof.

Comment

• Sabin
                        • Feb 7, 2022

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        If the new bodies are shorter at least Quark will look on model.
                        i was thinking the exact same thing! but only if you paired him with the TNG figures, and not with Sisko

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎