Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro76
    • Aug 4, 2012

Any news on DC 8" releases for 2022?

Wondering what will be the next batch of DC figs output for 2022 Wave 15 and beyond? Hope Mego puts out more DC 8" product including the Black Canary that I think was previously seen at Toy Fair a few years ago. I also hope these will be comic book based versions on the new body type.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

My money would be on Shazam and Black Adam joining the next wave on different packaging than their Topps counterparts.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ToyTalk
      Career Member
      • Mar 25, 2020

Hope not. We have enough Black Adam and Shazam megos and variations. I would like to see a new license kick in. Plenty of oldies but goodies to grab up like The Last Starfighter. Heck, stick with the same lines but add a new person: ex. Legends of Rock - Jerry Lee Lewis.
      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        My money would be on Shazam and Black Adam joining the next wave on different packaging than their Topps counterparts.
        I'm OK with this. I'd probably sell my Topps and go with these. What would really be cool to me would be versions with yellow instead of shiny gold accents ala original Mego

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          What would really be cool to me would be versions with yellow instead of shiny gold accents ala original Mego
          Yes! I never knew as a kid that the yellow was suppose to represent gold in the comics (or maybe that is a retcon), so gold always looks wrong to me.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

How about the new movie Batman Riddler Penguin and Catwoman?

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Red son Superman, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke ,Flashpoint Batman and Red hood are listed for pre order for 3-25-22 release on Italian site Mondo Action figures. This info was from another post here on museum, and they also have the Topps figures .
              Mondo Action figures does carry a lot of other Megos so I hope this is legit.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
                How about the new movie Batman Riddler Penguin and Catwoman?
                Don't encourage that new Penguin, dangit.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I'd love to see Superman and Bizarro from the Superman and Lois show.

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

An action figure site in Germany is taking pre orders also on limited edition Red son Superman, Batman beyond,Flashpoint Batman,Red hood, Deathstroke and all the Topps exclusives. I would hope these will be available in the U.S . They should put out the new Batman
                    movie figures also if they start following McFarlane and Spin Masters

Comment

• zeedox
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 10, 2007

The Trend masters new movie Cat woman broke out of the box. I only wanted Batman anyhow really.
                      But why can't the Megos come out when the movie comes out, whenever that is...

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
                        Yes! I never knew as a kid that the yellow was suppose to represent gold in the comics (or maybe that is a retcon), so gold always looks wrong to me.
                        I agree. I like silver to be represented by light grey also.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

It's odd I suppose, I like my Flash with yellow but Capt. Marvel with gold. It's an update I don't mind.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

After all these years I would finally like to see a Dean Cain Superman.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Retro76
                              • Aug 4, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                              Red son Superman, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke ,Flashpoint Batman and Red hood are listed for pre order for 3-25-22 release on Italian site Mondo Action figures. This info was from another post here on museum, and they also have the Topps figures .
                              Mondo Action figures does carry a lot of other Megos so I hope this is legit.
                              Thanks for this update. Of all these I am most interested in Deathstroke. I wonder if these more modern selections are meant to serve as an alternative to their competitor that offers the more vintage 70s and 80s DC versions? In any case I wouldn't mind seeing more classic versions redone such as the recent Robin, Flash, Penguin, etc.
                              Last edited by Retro76; Feb 3, '22, 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎