• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

New Topps Email

"Dear Topps Customer,

This email is regarding your order for a Topps x Mego Collectible Figurine.

Our teams have been working hard to get the Mego figurine collections available and ready to ship. However, we are facing challenges and delays due Covid-19 and the global supply chain disruptions you may have seen in the news. We are continuing to work around the clock to get the product and believe the figurines will be headed to the U.S. mid-January. Given the delays experienced in the supply chain we are still a ways out from being able to accurately determine when the product will be in our warehouse and ready to ship to you, but wanted to provide you with the updated timing that we do have.

We realize your order will not be arriving on time and apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause you. We will keep you updated when we have a date your product will be on its way to you.

Thank you for your patience during these times,

The Topps Team"

So...there's the latest.
    sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

So they have no clue when the figures will arrive
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The fact that they call them "figurines" makes me think we'll be getting Hummels, not Megos.

That's a joke folks. No one take to socials and start screaming "We're getting Hummels! Why is Mego letting this happen!"

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I still haven't received the old Topps email, LOL!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I blocked their spam emails a while back so it probably blocked all emails. At what point will they start to allow cancellations? This is why preorders suck.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• puckace
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 5, 2009

Frankly, January is much earlier than I would expect to get these. It would be cool though if they were able to mail all the orders together instead of piece meal.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i also got an email from hasbro that the Joe 2 pack won't ship until April

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                Career Member
                • Aug 3, 2010

I just got the email today, but not the first one. I had ordered the Raj & GA. Those were the only ones that appealed to me.
                I hope to het them by my birthday in March.
                mego's befo ho's

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Too bad the factory that these are being made in was not actually located in the U.S. it would cut the waiting time in half and create jobs, but then again that would make sense.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    Too bad the factory that these are being made in was not actually located in the U.S. it would cut the waiting time in half and create jobs, but then again that would make sense.
                    If it were more economical for corporations to do that it would already be so.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

i also got an email from hasbro that the Joe 2 pack won't ship until April
                      Yep, I got that one too.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        If it were more economical for corporations to do that it would already be so.
                        BINGO!!! I always tell people that complain about how there aren't any factories that actually make stuff here anymore this : The American Consumer needs to understand that they will be paying more for the product. That 60 inch TV that you just bought for about $1000 is now a $2K - $3K purchase. And that is where the rub lies. Most, if not all, don't want to pay for products made here. They're all for people earning decent wages but don't grasp how the corporations take that in hand make the consumer pay for higher wages and benefits. Soon as that is accepted, then you will see more factories back in the USA. It really is that simple.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

The problem is not just higher wages. The entire industry has moved overseas. Pretty much all of the stuff that goes into creating a factory from the mold making process to the assembly is now housed in another country. You can't use current factories in the US and retrofit them to produce this kind of stuff.

So it wouldn't just be a matter of creating a factory here and paying higher wages, you'd have to move several other fringe industries that support the creation of these type of factories over as well.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Actually, you have to change laws on which materials can be used.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎