Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enyawd72
    replied
    Originally posted by ODBJBG
    It's interesting how many variants, running changes, minor modifications to (figures, package, whatever) we've seen in modern Mego.

Almost no other toy line does this. It's pretty rare for the big guys to do running changes (it does happen but not often) and the only time I can think this happened with any regularity was back in the 2K12 TMNT line, where little running changes happened in the early figures.

In the old days you'd get stuff like this but it was less planned and more of "we ran out of X fabric so we're now using this" or "Different factory did something slightly different" and not so intentional where someone higher up made a decision to change something.

It's kinda neat, but also probably a nightmare for people who try to be completists.
    Mattel has made a ton of running changes to their MOTU Origins line.

The ones I've seen so far include:

Dark skin and light skin on Clamp Champ
    Three different eye paints on Hordak
    Two different eye paints on She-Ra
    Brush painted and spray painted armor on Fisto
    Silver armor and gray armor on Battle Armor He-Man
    Thick and thin handles on the Power Sword
    Two different knee styles on all female figures

Leave a comment:

• Confessional
    replied
    I'm gonna need that!

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Are the studs on the bib of the new variation not painted? They don't look silver in the picture, but the picture is kinda blurry, so it's hard to tell.

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    It's interesting how many variants, running changes, minor modifications to (figures, package, whatever) we've seen in modern Mego.

Almost no other toy line does this. It's pretty rare for the big guys to do running changes (it does happen but not often) and the only time I can think this happened with any regularity was back in the 2K12 TMNT line, where little running changes happened in the early figures.

In the old days you'd get stuff like this but it was less planned and more of "we ran out of X fabric so we're now using this" or "Different factory did something slightly different" and not so intentional where someone higher up made a decision to change something.

It's kinda neat, but also probably a nightmare for people who try to be completists.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    started a topic General Ursus Variations

General Ursus Variations

It seems there are two types of General Urko tunics out there, it's confirmed by Mego this is a running change. The new rectangle design was spotted in a Toronto Toys R Us.

251150597_406510861142624_6124182013360657196_n.jpg
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎