X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    Our arrangement with FTC goes back to well before the return of Mego. They don't pay us anything, but they have sponsored the customs contest generously for Mego Meet over the years. I am aware of the complaints, but they also do a ton for the Mego customizing community. We try to cover everyone in Mego scale land and we're not beholden to anyone.
    That make sense. They do have a few hits --along with the misses-- just like any other company. I do like some of their stuff like the Scooby Doo figures and the carrying cases. However, its not cool when some of the pictures they provide to promote their figures in your newsletter don't look like the actual product. The recent Wonder Woman figure, for example, with the baggy outfit and darker skin tone was a disappointment.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Announcement will be made here...

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I'll throw my guess into the ring... seeing Super 7 is making G.I. Joe:RAH ReAction figures, I will go with that as the big announcement.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
          I'll throw my guess into the ring... seeing Super 7 is making G.I. Joe:RAH ReAction figures, I will go with that as the big announcement.
          or mego is doing Adventure Team figures original size since Hasbro has no interest in doing it..
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

With the kind of hype this is getting I could almost believe that it is Marvel or Star Wars or both if it is a new license. As much as I love those two there are a lot of other licenses that I could get as excited about but for most I think it would have to be one of those two.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
              With the kind of hype this is getting I could almost believe that it is Marvel or Star Wars or both if it is a new license. As much as I love those two there are a lot of other licenses that I could get as excited about but for most I think it would have to be one of those two.
              That's the thing with these kinds of thing and fandoms now. At this point it has gotten so much hype and anticipation that no matter how cool and exciting the actual announcement is, and how many people cheer it, there is also going to be a significant bunch of folks who will be disappointed and bitter because it wasn't the announcement that they had come to expect it would be or the one they wanted and led themselves to believe it was. The speculation fandom gets to around these things these days has just snowballed out of control feeding the darker aspects of fandom that just want to have things to complain about the things they claim are their favorites and that they love.

I look forward to learning what the announcement is; I wish I had never looked at any of the fan speculation surrounding it.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Well... whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it's going to be something really cool for most of us or there probably wouldn't be so much hype.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Marty Abrams in different outfits?

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

While it would be cool to announce that MegoCorp has procured some long desired licenses, I am thinking (and hoping) this is an announcement of switching over production to the bandless bodies and that they are going back to a neck plug on the heads.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Bumping the link that Lonnie left in the thread. Is it still this evening at 8 PM EST?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I hope they rented Michael Buffer to say "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLet's get ready to Rummmmmmmblllllle!!!!!!"
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Just watched a video about Lucasfilm having a big announcement coming up...
                          Is that a Mego announcement? Hmmmmmm.....

Comment

• ToyTalk
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            Just watched a video about Lucasfilm having a big announcement coming up...
                            Is that a Mego announcement? Hmmmmmm.....
                            I'm doubting the Star Wars thing as I can't see Disney dealing out their license to anyone
                            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

I usually don't but I'm plucked in my computer chair ready to watch the reveal) I won't get my hopes up too high and say Marvel and Star Wars. Maybe Battle of the Planets?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍