Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

For Me, I'm happy that there are a variety of figures in the Mego Scale being produced by a variety of companies.
    Some I would buy, some I'd never buy, but that all goes down to personal interest.
    When I was a kid, with Mego 1.0, AJ, WGSH, Monsters, and Muhammad Ali got purchased because of my interest in them.
    A fleeting interest got Star Trek and DOH bought, but they when it passed, they got cannibalized to make customs,
    or repair the Megos I really could not live with out.

Fast forward 46 years, and they same rules apply, now to Mattel, BBP, EMCE, FTC and Mego 2.0: Sure I have more income than I did as an 8year old back in '73,
    but my choices are the same. Buy what I like, skip the rest, or wait until they hit ebay /clearance to buy to cannibalize for parts.

I'll still comment on things that I think don't look right, or things that I think are poor choices of design or execution. Doesn't mean that the companies won't get my money.
    Case in Point / Not So Mary Marvel (Kregse Card) from FTC. I bashed the figure when pictures were first released. absolutely hated it, thought it was the worst ever.
    then one day, Amazon had it for $15 as a warehouse deal. I bought it, and lo and behold, my opinion of the figure changed. Was it the price point? Was it actually having it in my hand?
    Was it the fact that I had to restring her due to the fact the neck elastic band snapped as soon as she came out the package? who knows, but to this day, if you ask me, I'll point to
    that figure as actually one of the best Female Heads they make, and a definite home run for them.

At the end of the day, this is a Consumable Product. it isn't land. It isn't gold. it isn't air. It's consumable commercial goods, and like all commercial goods, they'll be fans, they'll be haters,
    and there will be those in the middle who can take it or leave it. Marty said it best himself: "Buy em, and if you don't like them, at least you can buy them for the parts".

To me in a nutshell, that is how to approach and deal with this new era of "retro toys".
    now excuse me, time to go spend some money....
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Skille
      • Jun 27, 2017

I can’t believe there is a time with this much Mego-ish stuff available. From FTC to Mego 2018 etc. All the characters, all the licenses. All positive competitiveness from all the respective companies bringing so much cool stuff out. Basically way more between all the brands than the originals ever made. This is truly the Mego Renaissance and when it is all over it’s going to be sad. And we will miss it and probably think it was silly we complained that much.... but on the side note if this keeps up I’m going to be broke LOL!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎