The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Piper try to find a new home

San Antoino TX near Seaworld.jpg
    This weekend hoping to run into some wave 2 figures and on my way to SeaWorld I stopped by Target in SanAntonio and was disappointed no wave 2 8 inch Mego & wave 1 was at full price.

Did get a laugh at the Piper Halliwell trying to entice someone to take her home
    San Antoino TX near Seaworld piper.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

I saw some of Wave 2 last week. Yesterday I made a Target run and the endcap was gone but the Megos were neither by the Marvel stuff, in clearance, or with the Funko stuff near Electronics. I went past a farther target on my way back from class tonight and found the same. I checked my Target app and it shows none of them in stock in the immediate (St. Louis) area. I was still hoping to get a peek at 14" Superman before deciding on him or not.

Is this a reset? or are they only keeping them at certain stores?

Comment

• SWCWorld
        Museum Patron
        • Aug 10, 2011

All I've seen thus far in visiting five local Targets in the D/FW area are:

14" - Green Lantern (2), I got one, Poison Ivy (2), I got one
        plenty of Samantha Bewitched, several Gorn, and a handful of Frankenstein. That's it.

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

I saw two Samanthas and two Gorn at the South Portland, Maine Target. I was hoping to find Frankie and passed on them, though.

Dana
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Today I went to four Targets around Portland, Oregon and saw 4 Samantha, 3 Gorn, 6 Wizard of Oz sets, and 1 Full House set. I still haven't seen a lot of the new figures.

Comment

• MegoHunter
              • Oct 9, 2018

Got Samantha and the Frankenstein monster last night. Going back for Gorn today.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by knight errant00
                Yesterday I made a Target run and the endcap was gone but the Megos were neither by the Marvel stuff, in clearance, or with the Funko stuff near Electronics.

Yeah, that has happened at my local Target too. Except all I found was Green Lantern & Poison Ivy in the Superhero figures isle.
                sigpic

Comment

• OCSuperman
                  Museum Patron
                  • Sep 4, 2014

Here in Orange County, California ... the Megos are mixed in the aisle now (end cap gone) between Jurassic Park and Marvel Legends. I've come across every figure but Frankenstein.
                  Last edited by OCSuperman; Oct 9, '18, 6:36 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I'm a bit concerned with them moving the figures to the regular action figure aisles,I haven't heard yet of a lot of wave two on the pegs,I worry about wave 3.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I don't know if it is legible or not, but it's pretty cruel to put the Mego right next to the big Marvel sign!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Cruel teasing!! Why would they do this!?!? Right smack in the middle of the Marvel section! We really need some Marvel Mego figures...

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

interesting the way target is displaying its megos from one store to another . i have been seeing a lot of the first 3 characters ,frankenstein ,samantha and the gorn ,i bought 2 of each here and there ,they must be
                          6 figures a box ,of two each ,and the numbers on frankenstein are extremley low every time i see him ,so either we got the low numbers around here or some wise guy is rubbing off a couple numbers to be cute .
                          kris,star child and richie seem to be also in a box of six with two each .its sad to see the end of the end cap ( at least not complely here ) i love the mego display .
                          saw the new aquaman figures for the movie out ,there was a aquaman with a shark in a similar pose to the classic mego aquaman vs the great white shark set .i thought that was clever of them .havent
                          gotten around to posting pics yet ,still gotta learn it .someone will.

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

Found Frankie and the Gorn today (that’s a show I’d watch on
                            TV). Still looking for Cliff and Greg.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I went to two stores tonight with my 8 y/o. She wants Bewitched, Full House and Jeanie. I'd like Gorn, Frank and Drac. Store One had the Peg Warmer All-Stars in the action figure lane. Store Two had marked empty pegs in the AF aisle, but an unmarked endcap two rows over, had a full display with Wave 1 including two Dracs and Jeanie sets, plus some wave two warmers.

We decided to track down a flock of store employees in electronics. Two instantly ran off on our approach. I asked the other two, and the one who easily looked to have senior ranking didn't even acknowledge our existence. I showed the other person a DPCI, who took us straight to the empty pegs. I showed them the endcap, and they had no idea it was there. I then mentioned Full House, cuz at least it would be a recognizable name. They literally scanned the Jeanie code in front me and said this is all they have. They didn't even know the endcap existed, but they're sure this is all the product. I left the Dracs. We walked around thinking maybe we could find someone interested in being an adult for ten minutes. No way in hell.

It is beyond frustrating. I don't want to hear this crap that Mego collectors are out of control about this. I have zero interest in a freakin Full House set, but my kid does and with 25 off 100, it would have been free. But Target employees literally do not want to help me spend my money.

Comment

• KOMonger
                                Banned
                                • Feb 17, 2015

Target's "Spend $50 save $10, spend $100 save $25" ends today.

In keeping with the topic of this thread: I have only seen WoO 8" and Green Lantern and Poison Ivy last time I was in stores.

So, when got an email earlier today that it was the last day for the sale, I placed my second order. My first order of seven figures was shipped Tuesday and I received it Thursday. I was fine with placing another order to get another $25 discount.
                                I saved $50 on Mego's already great prices!

I'm okay with searching for the remaining figures I need in store. Just 4 more and I'll have all 8" Wave 1 & 2, except for the WoO set. I may change my mind after seeing the next figures, though. I changed my mind on getting figures between Wave 1 & 2 after seeing additional figures in their series, maybe it'll happen with WoO.

Edit: FYI When I was placing my order Sulu was marked $17.99. A good reason to avoid if you want to maximize your savings.
                                Last edited by KOMonger; Oct 13, '18, 9:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎