Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I found a Frankenstein figure at the Oregon Jantzen Beach Target today. I also found a couple of Gorn figures and bought one.
    I was there Monday and nothing. All about timing.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Another Target, another move to an aisle, but they had Frankenstein, so I'm good. I just need Kelly Bundy, which is the only one I haven't seen on the pegs yet.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Another Target, another move to an aisle, but they had Frankenstein, so I'm good. I just need Kelly Bundy, which is the only one I haven't seen on the pegs yet.
        Yay! You got him! Have you seen Spock or Superman in the area? Those are the 2 I still want. Hope to get back across the border in a month or so. But maybe I should just order online.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by boss
          End cap gone at my local Target. No wave 2 figures out yet. Stocking staff clueless.
          It may sound crazy, but check for them over by where they keep the WWE figures, that's where I found them unexpectedly
          at my local Target, it's worth a try.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

While looking for Frankenstein and the Gorn today, I found 2 Paul Stanleys. I picked up one of them despite not being completely crazy about the head...I think it may be the paint job. The outfit and guitar are great, the star on the face just doesn't look right to me.

I also got another Dracula (who had a really nice paint job on the face) and the 14" Wonder Woman (yeah, I finally gave in and started on the 14" line). But still no Frankenstein or Gorn.
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
              Yay! You got him! Have you seen Spock or Superman in the area? Those are the 2 I still want. Hope to get back across the border in a month or so. But maybe I should just order online.
              I have not seen Spock yet.. I forgot about him!

I have Superman. PM me if you want me to try and pick one up for you. I could hold it until I see Spock, which I am sure I will eventually, and ship them at the same time.

Not interested in the new Gorn?

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I have not seen Spock yet.. I forgot about him!

I have Superman. PM me if you want me to try and pick one up for you. I could hold it until I see Spock, which I am sure I will eventually, and ship them at the same time.

Not interested in the new Gorn?
                I actually got Gorn when I went on my Mego Hunt! I'm thinking I may order Superman and Spock on the website and have them delivered to my parents' house since I'll be there at Christmas. I kind of want to get another Kris too. I mean, I love finding them in person cause it's fun and I can pick the one I think looks best. But might just go the easy route adding the last couple I want from wave 2.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

the one target further out from me moved their megos to the regular action figure aisle by the transformers.I thought they would keep their endcap until the holidays at least.

Comment

• bleit1701
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 1, 2009

I stopped at a Target that had nothing Mego the last two months. no end cap, nothing.

In the aisle next to wrestling they had a mixture of waves 1 and 2. All the second wave 14 inchers and the Oz/Full House sets.
                    Better late than never.....

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

We went into a third Target last night and finally found a store that had some Wave one on pegs in a toy aisle with other toys sharing space with them. I have to admit this has been a very strange experience for a relaunch of this brand and an even stranger 'exclusive' for a store described as "all in" and "happy". I trust my eyes and my eyes are telling me Target isn't in any hurry to promote this stuff and that's disappointing. I've read all the rationales of resets and delivery dates, but none of that answers how any of this can sell if its sitting in a back stock room or sealed boxes in warehouses. I don't see any other product removed in its entirety for resets, so why Mego? I'll just order what I want online and look ahead to 2019 in hopes we'll get our first true look at what Marty and Paul REALLY want to do once they get free of this Target deal. The in-store experience has sadly been a wasted opportunity by Target. I think Mego is shackled to bizarre licensing and blase packaging choices with a store that finds new reasons NOT to showcase them. Fingers crossed 2019 will be the year we really celebrate their return the way many of us envisioned it.

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

A Target that never carried them before just filled 4 pegs with wave 1. Just what we need
                        more peg warmers that aren't selling at 3 other Targets in my area. No wave 2 except
                        14'' and Wiz 2 pack.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I think my closest Target actually pulled some wave one figures for wave two when they moved them to the aisle.

And after reevaluating what I’ve seen so far, I realized I have not seen Cliff, Kelly Bundy, Gregg Brady, Jo, Phoebe or Spock at any of my Targets yet.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

So far my Target has had 4x Frankenstein, Gorn and Samantha which I bought 2 of each. Yesterday they put out 2x Starchild, Ritchie and Kris I got 1 of each. All of these wave 2 figures were $12.99 + my 15% discounts and yesterday the Target $25 off $100 or more and $10 off $50 or more sale started. Nothing still beats the thrill of finding action figures in stores especially the new Megos!

Comment

• mego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 16, 2012

still no wave 2 in st paul MN. :(

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

Found some wave 2 on th east side of Cleveland. Picked up Frankenstein for me and my brother. The only others they had were Gotn and Samantha. Nice way to end a long work day.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎