Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just found some Wave 2 figures. What have YOU seen in stores?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    That list was derived from Brick Link I believe. I don't think there's been anything official confirmed. Paul doesn't say anything until it's been cleared by the retailer (Target)
    The Brick Seek list had 22 figures listed for wave 3 anyways, and all official statements from Doc or Marty said 20 figures per wave, so something in the list had to be off. It was the only wave they listed with three 2-packs instead of two, so odds were it was one of the two-packs that was the error, and the other two were for licenses we already saw in waves 1 and 2, so I am not surprised to hear that the Blade Runner two-pack was the error.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

so wave 3 will be out @ last week of nov/1st week of dec-ish?

Comment

• cockyhoskins
        Career Member
        • Jan 13, 2009

My closest Target still has none and no movement on the Wave 1 lately. I popped in to one a couple minutes further away and saw two Richies, two Kris Munroe, two Samantha and two Gorns. I picked up one of each, except Richie.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Didn't see any world's greatest stunt doubles at my target yet.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Slim pickings in Louisville, but I did pick up Gorn and Samantha. Those are solid figures.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
              Oooh! Good for you, I'm glad you're seeing them now too.
              Thanks. I knew they were going to show up, even if it's been limited so far. The only ones I haven't seen on more than the first day I found them is Dracula, and I saw him at two Targets that day. I've even seen the next best seller, Hendrix, at one Target for $12.99. And the Mirror. Mirror Set too.

I finally took a decent look at the Full House Set and I have to say, the DJ head sculpt has some potential for something! It might be a reuse from another Mego 2.0 figure (Charmed Piper?), but it's a pretty good head sculpt.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

^ I've seen Hendrix many times, but never once saw Dracula in a store. I have to say, I am glad for the most part they're all common enough to find or order online. I know some people prefer the exclusiveness of certain toys and collectibles, but I'd rather it just be fun and not jumping through hoops. Now people are saying Toys r Us might come back and they are hoping for Mego exclusives and I'm like, "Why? Y'all can't handle them being exclusive to Target."

I'm not a FH fan but the DJ figure is cute. I noticed she has nice face paint. I think a lot of the Mego girls have that face sculpt. The first Charmed girl, Tootie, Samantha maybe? It looks to me to be that same "babydoll" head that was used by FTC for Supergirl, WW, Lois Lane, and the first Mary Marvel. I like that face.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I went by ours today. They have moved the figures from the endcap to the isle but no new wave 2.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I found a Frankenstein figure at the Oregon Jantzen Beach Target today. I also found a couple of Gorn figures and bought one.

Comment

• mego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2012

No wave 2 in St Paul MN yet. Figures were moved off the endcap, but no sign of the new figures.
                      Since I'm at Target at least twice a week (and its mere blocks away) , it's no problem for me to keep checking.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by mego
                        No wave 2 in St Paul MN yet. Figures were moved off the endcap, but no sign of the new figures.
                        Since I'm at Target at least twice a week (and its mere blocks away) , it's no problem for me to keep checking.
                        I mentioned that this happened at one of my local Targets and I was curious if it was an anomaly. In my instance, all the stock had been removed from the store. Curious if they're sending some back to the Target warehouses or if it's being prepped to go to the aisles. But an aisle location will be troublesome, because most of the endcaps barely move, imagine if instead of 6 pegs on an endcap, being reduced to 2 or 3 pegs. All it takes is enough Alices or whatever and stores will be sitting on figures and not getting in the new figures. Peg warmers are real and can stunt the success of toylines.

Really glad these are available individually online. That's been Target's best move with Mego, IMO.

Comment

• generic
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 25, 2009

I went by my closest Target again yesterday. They still only had the Wizard of Oz 2-pack. I hope to check some new stores that I haven't checked yet today.
                          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Checked out Target at my local mall today, and couldn't believe my eyes, they had all of the wave 2 figures and the 14" wave 2 Superman, Green Lantern and Batgirl, these were right next to the WWE figures and not on the endcaps.

I did not see the Wizard of Oz 2-pack though.

On a tight budget these days, but I cleared out the cobwebs in my wallet, George $1 and Abe $5 were rubbing their eyes, and I picked up the Gorn, I passed on Spock didn't really need him, just want to get certain figures.

It's really strange that my local target did not carry any of the wave 1 megos, I even asked and was told they weren't
                            getting them, then out of the blue, there's all the wave 2 figures up on the pegs.

Well anyway, I'm just glad these are available and hopefully my local Target gets wave 3 so I can get the Romulan Commander.
                            Last edited by TrekStar; Oct 5, '18, 1:50 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

I got gorn,spock and frank today in the mail.should get my second package tomorrow.I saw Kris today on the pegs.

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

End cap gone at my local Target. No wave 2 figures out yet. Stocking staff clueless.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎