X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

The Kris Monroe looks pretty nice.
    Last edited by Mego Newbie14; Sep 10, '18, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

so far they all look rather nice ,i will be getting them all ,Samantha ,frankenstien ,and gorn are awsome ,Kris from angles is nice ,though never seen full house ,its a mego ,ill get that maybe ,loving the oz set .

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
        The Kristen Monroe looks pretty nice.
        Where was this image???
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 25, 2018

^On the museum home page.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
            Yeah, I saw that. Hard as heck to read. It does look like it says "official license" and as you said, it would be impossible to use Karloff without it.

So the missing neck bolts is either a production err or necessity? Maybe because the head is vinyl combined with the plug reversal caused a tearing issue?
            Nope, it's "officially licensed" but not by Universal. There's no universal marking anywhere. Odd they went with the green costume then, but whatever.

The Karloff art on the front is a drawing of Karloff, and I guess that must fall under some legal grey area. The neck bolts have been removed from the artwork.

It's the vintage Mego Frank artwork on the back with the forehead bolts.

So this is not a Universal product.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Just saw the pics of Kris. While not spot on, I am LOVING it!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                Nope, it's "officially licensed" but not by Universal. There's no universal marking anywhere. Odd they went with the green costume then, but whatever.

The Karloff art on the front is a drawing of Karloff, and I guess that must fall under some legal grey area. The neck bolts have been removed from the artwork.

It's the vintage Mego Frank artwork on the back with the forehead bolts.

So this is not a Universal product.

So all it takes are neck bolts to avoid copyright? Awesome. Actually, I think for some odd reason, I like it better if it's not a licensed Universal. Off model is okay with me.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                  So all it takes are neck bolts to avoid copyright? Awesome. Actually, I think for some odd reason, I like it better if it's not a licensed Universal. Off model is okay with me.
                  I've always been under the understanding that "flat head and neckbolts" were Universal's biggest claims to copyright, but there have been plenty of green skinned flat head Franks over the years that weren't Universal. So it would seem that the neck bolts are pretty much the only thing you absolutely have to avoid. Certainly seems to be the case here.

Though I find it particularly bold to use the same Frank sculpt that once was officially licensed by Universal. Quite amusing.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Lexington KY Target this morning

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

I'm going to be so broke. Not only do I need all of these, now I need to buy a few that I was on the fence about.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        I've always been under the understanding that "flat head and neckbolts" were Universal's biggest claims to copyright, but there have been plenty of green skinned flat head Franks over the years that weren't Universal. So it would seem that the neck bolts are pretty much the only thing you absolutely have to avoid. Certainly seems to be the case here.

Though I find it particularly bold to use the same Frank sculpt that once was officially licensed by Universal. Quite amusing.
                        More bold to be using Karloff's likeness. That's going to get...hmmm...interesting.Their completely safe on the figure. No bolts and army boots pretty much frees them of any copyright issues Universal can pursue. But that picture on the front IS Karloff. Personally I think they would have been better served to have splashed that Mad Monster illustration on the front for the fans. That's such an iconic image for Mego collectors, I think it would have gone over better. The figure itself will be a really fun knock off and easy to modify and make into a super nice Glenn Strange figure (like many of us did with the EMCE version). But if it were me, and how well I know those estates first hand, I would not have ventured into their cross hairs like that. Sloppy decision and not a good way to keep friends in this business when you might want them later. I also hope someone with even a hint of awareness for the Chaneys, take their name off the scan description too. Surely an easy fix.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Lexington KY Target this morning

Well Brian, you just planned my evening in Louisville!

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I wish I lived closer.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Road trip!!
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

I think they should of added a gimmick , maybe glow in the dark hands, little nod to the old frankie, certainly maybe wouldve got me to buy one.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎