X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    YES, just check on eBay and most of these people ( I'm assuming they are people) are selling these at 2-3 even 4 times
    the store price, I haven't checked them all, just the Trek figures, some are even selling the Mirror figures seperatly way over priced.

So to answer your question Corny, those prices you quoted, are coming close to that on eBay as we speak.
    But are they selling? Listing them for 60 bucks and getting that are two different things. I got Drac off ebay for 24 bucks
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      But are they selling? Listing them for 60 bucks and getting that are two different things. I got Drac off ebay for 24 bucks
      I got a Dracula off ebay for $17 shipped, and an Action Jackson for $11.99 shipped.
      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Aug 28, '18, 6:32 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I won two other Mego figures for $15.99 each and one for $16.50, all from the same seller. How can you sell them for that and not lose money? Those prices are shipped prices. Shipping these figures is kind of expensive.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Probably not selling at those prices, (at least I hope not) I wonder if these eBay clowns will end up lowering the price
          if they get frustrated enough. Getting Drac for $24 dollars was pretty good, the seller made a $10.00 profit, but if you couldn't find it at your local target, then you did pretty well.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

20 years from now ,will they be worth $$$ .low i mean really low numbers -maybe,errors-maybe ,but i dont think the figures really will be.most people who buy them keep them on card ,and
            there will certainly be enough to satisfy the collector market at that time. check out figures from 20 years ago ,when a lot of people collected star trek ,star wars ,marvel figures ,etc .and you can get them
            really cheap on ebay .only a couple figures that were chase figures or extermely limited are worth the bucks . i bought all the mego 2018 figures -twice ,why-? ,not for the investment in 20 years ( ill be to old to
            give a rats behind )but just to take one out ,and one to keep on card cause i really like the packages style .10.000 run is not large ,but not limited to the point of being worth much money ,the emce figures,bif bang
            pow figures and figures toy company figures are much smaller runs ,and they wont be worth much either .there were only 1.500 daredevils ,thats small ,we will see ( i hope ) if its worth much at that time .

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

The only figures that "might" go up in value would be the Bela Lugosi Dracula & Jimi Hendrix. Those are the two that are possibly short at the stores, but you can ordered them on Target.com for the same price so maby not.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                The only figures that "might" go up in value would be the Bela Lugosi Dracula & Jimi Hendrix. Those are the two that are possibly short at the stores, but you can ordered them on Target.com for the same price so maby not.
                Actually Bela has been unavailable on the site for the past couple of weeks... perhaps because of all the eBay prospectors!
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Probably not selling at those prices, (at least I hope not) I wonder if these eBay clowns will end up lowering the price
                  if they get frustrated enough. Getting Drac for $24 dollars was pretty good, the seller made a $10.00 profit, but if you couldn't find it at your local target, then you did pretty well.
                  that was shipped first class so take out 4 bucks or so for that. Plus the seller paid tax too. Seller really didn't make much at all.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                    20 years from now ,will they be worth $$$ .low i mean really low numbers -maybe,errors-maybe ,but i dont think the figures really will be.most people who buy them keep them on card ,and
                    there will certainly be enough to satisfy the collector market at that time. check out figures from 20 years ago ,when a lot of people collected star trek ,star wars ,marvel figures ,etc .and you can get them
                    really cheap on ebay .only a couple figures that were chase figures or extermely limited are worth the bucks . i bought all the mego 2018 figures -twice ,why-? ,not for the investment in 20 years ( ill be to old to
                    give a rats behind )but just to take one out ,and one to keep on card cause i really like the packages style .10.000 run is not large ,but not limited to the point of being worth much money ,the emce figures,bif bang
                    pow figures and figures toy company figures are much smaller runs ,and they wont be worth much either .there were only 1.500 daredevils ,thats small ,we will see ( i hope ) if its worth much at that time .

Interesting... I got you bro.

Corny
                    Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                    :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

that was shipped first class so take out 4 bucks or so for that. Plus the seller paid tax too. Seller really didn't make much at all.
                      Did you get the shipping for free? if so then the seller didn't make much of a profit, plus they also pay eBay fees for selling.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Did you get the shipping for free? if so then the seller didn't make much of a profit, plus they also pay eBay fees for selling.
                        yeah, 24 shipped. It was cheaper than driving around here looking for it, too. Since Corny seems to be hitting all the Central FLA Targets and hoarding

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Once you hit your mid 50's, playing the long game feels less enticing. I 'm more of the mind to just enjoy them.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎