Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I still think there is plenty of life for a Dr Who line. At least hammer out the rest of the Drs, maybe with a companion or two for each, and the main villains. I think that line showed that it has legs and people will buy it. Start with the latest Drs Please and work your way back!
    Archer would sell well I think. Venture Brothers proved that. There have been hints that once they are past wave 1, there will be new bodies, so they could easily do a bustier female body.

My personal "Just because I want it!" would be Battle of the Planets. 5 main characters, a couple of side kicks/supporting characters, Zoltar and a bunch of henchmen!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jeffbearco
      I still think there is plenty of life for a Dr Who line. At least hammer out the rest of the Drs, maybe with a companion or two for each, and the main villains. I think that line showed that it has legs and people will buy it.
      I think Doctor Who would sell as well but I don't think the BBC has any interest in allowing anybody to do retro figures again. They seem to only want Character Options to produce merch like that for them.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Been getting back into UFO these past few weeks

Would love to see a Straker and Ellis figure.

Comment

• bgiles73
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 14, 2010

I just had a thought while posting in the Mego Ambassadors Facebook forum. Why don’t Mego do Megos of some of the most popular YouTubers and maybe offer those up as online exclusives. YouTube has snatched up a good bit of TV time that was spent on weekday afternoon and Saturday morning cartoon time. Like it or not these personalities are the new Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo. A YouTube presence would get the word out way faster than any advertising.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by bgiles73
            I just had a thought while posting in the Mego Ambassadors Facebook forum. Why don’t Mego do Megos of some of the most popular YouTubers and maybe offer those up as online exclusives. YouTube has snatched up a good bit of TV time that was spent on weekday afternoon and Saturday morning cartoon time. Like it or not these personalities are the new Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo. A YouTube presence would get the word out way faster than any advertising.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

I suggested V in a different wishlist thread. I don't know who has the rights to the show, but it seems like they could do a generic Visitor shock trooper in the red outfit, then do a variant with a lizard head (if they didn't have the peel off face or like a Zartan disguise on the basic figure). They could probably do Diana too, even without a likeness. Brunette, red uniform, sunglasses. A year or two ago it was announced a V major motion picture was in the works, so that could stand in their way - or they could produce figures based on the movie if it actually happens.

What I see on most of these wishlists are older properties though. Funko has shown you can license just about anything that has a fanbase. But for Mego to continue do they need to also come up with lines that support current properties as well? Things that don't have just a handful of older fans. I don't see kids buying Cheers or Brady Bunch. But would kids have any interest in these types of figures, if it was a current series? Riverdale? One of the new Star Treks? Or even a current movie or movie franchise? Fast & Furious? Seems like Star Wars, DC and Marvel are not up for grabs. But does anyone see potential in something current? Or are adults the only people who want toys these days?

Comment

• bgiles73
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey

Oh well, everybody’s a critic.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Honestly, I think they should go after some costumed superheroes. If DC and Marvel aren't available, they need to pursue a few colorful independent characters. Things that kids might see on the shelf and THINK they're somehow related to Batman and Spiderman. Stuff that has a fanbase and would be bought, but also has some limited scope of mainstream appeal.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Well now that mego has already started lines that need to be finished, Brady Bunch, Cheers, Charlies Angels etc,
                    I see them finishing this up in future waves before possible starting something brand spankin new.

Although if you create 2-3 packs, it will get the line done faster, then brand new lines can get underway sooner
                    so for example, Brady Bunch- 3 packs of the boys and girls, a 2 pack of mom & dad, something similar for Cheers
                    and why not a 3 pack of Sabrina-Chris and Jill which will round out the rest of the Angels series and maybe throw in an exclusive Bosley for good measure. I just think starting new lines to soon, will just create some sort of kaos, because most likely new lines will be one character at a time, I would like to see Adam 12 Reed and Malloy, but I rather see them done
                    at the same time separately or in a two pack, quick and easy, on to another tv series, because let's face it, no matter how much we want WGSH it's not going to happen, at least anytime soon.

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      Honestly, I think they should go after some costumed superheroes. If DC and Marvel aren't available, they need to pursue a few colorful independent characters. Things that kids might see on the shelf and THINK they're somehow related to Batman and Spiderman. Stuff that has a fanbase and would be bought, but also has some limited scope of mainstream appeal.
                      HBO is going to be doing a “Watchmen” series. I know that is a DC series but it’s apart from Superman and Batman. I wonder if Mego could work something out for those characters? Thinking about this, I’d love it if they could do a Mego figure and a full-sized comic book like Toybiz and Hasbro used to do for Marvel and Star Wars!
                      Last edited by bgiles73; Aug 20, '18, 1:35 PM.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

^ I would consider "Watchmen" about the most un-kid-friendly superhero team. And aren't the characters being folded into the DCU Proper in the comics these days?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                          ^ I would consider "Watchmen" about the most un-kid-friendly superhero team. And aren't the characters being folded into the DCU Proper in the comics these days?
                          you think the Mego consumers are kids?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                            I’m inclined to agree with your statement about not being kid friendly, but aren’t all the other independent titles more or less not kid appropriate. It’s stuff like Spawn, Judge Dredd, Savage Dragon, Vampirella, Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Hellboy, Red Sonja, Conan....... I can’t think of any costumed Super Heroes outside of Marvel and DC.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by bgiles73
                              I’m inclined to agree with your statement about not being kid friendly, but aren’t all the other independent titles more or less not kid appropriate. It’s stuff like Spawn, Judge Dredd, Savage Dragon, Vampirella, Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Hellboy, Red Sonja, Conan....... I can’t think of any costumed Super Heroes outside of Marvel and DC.
                              well, there's the Phantom, Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, the Shadow, Doc Savage. Hellboy's kid appropriate on your list. Then there are the Archie Heroes that they are reviving, vintage public domain characters like the Black Terror, Grim Reaper, etc.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                                learning all the time
                                • Sep 15, 2010

no marvel from mego???? is that an official statement????
                                talk about peeing in my cornflakes

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎