Facebook negativity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toothaction
    replied
    I've never paid much mind to the 'book, and joining up to the Ambassadors group hasn't really encouraged me to spend more time on the platform, heh.

It did lead me to Mego Mania, though. A pleasant, if quiet, little collective. My one and only post over there was received quite warmly!
    Last edited by toothaction; Oct 17, '18, 1:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Makernaut
    replied
    I know this is a simplistic explanation, but I see Facebook Groups (Group being operative) getting torpedoed by the ones among us who want everything to be about them. All of the many ways that people proceed to ruin it for others, such as "envy me", "feel sorry for me", "respect me", "agree with me or I'll burn this whole place down and take all of you with me" are just variations on a theme.

Leave a comment:

• noelani72
    replied
    It’s hard staying positive...it really is.
    I’ve blocked well over 20 people there so far.
    I posted pics of my custom 14” Batgirl, and before I knew it, someone started in asking why I didn’t repaint 14” Batman who could also be seen in the pics.
    Block.
    Then I post a side by side of the James Brady Gorn next to 2018 Mego Gorn...couple piped up saying **** about the Brady one.
    Block.
    Seems like a pattern...post..block...repeat.
    I feel awful for the mods and Mego...it should be a place to rejoice and the Internet is just full of assholes.

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    Just an observation, but IMO, it seems that people of a certain age group aren't equipped to use social media. People in their 20-30s are fine, but 50+ are the biggest bunch of entitled, complaining whiners on Facebook. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but most of the people who spend their time bashing entitled millennials, are usually the ones you see on these Facebook groups causing the biggest headaches. Not sure why that is, but I think it has something to do with learning internet culture much later in life. A lot of these people were never part of a forum, didn't learn basic civility or discussion on any boards and just discovered the internet with Facebook and Facebook groups.

Granted there's always been the occasional maladjusted forum troublemaker as well, but Facebook has unearthed a bunch of angry grandpas onto the internet and ruined many a Facebook group as a result. Strange times indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    Originally posted by Werewolf
    Social media is going to be the end of us.
    I hope not. There's always this place, which is pretty nice, in my opinion. I think we can consider a message board a form of Social Media?

It's like any team, workforce, or group you're involved with. The members have to decide on the tone and make a conscious effort to make the environment they way they want it to be.

I've been trying very hard to be positive with the majority of my posts and comments, and complain only when I reach a breaking point. But the realization I come to over and over when I complain online: No one cares. I mean, really for the most part if my toy is broken, late, or doesn't meet my standards, and I voice it, really I'm just shouting into traffic. Mostly, people just don't care to hear it.

And as far as arguing on the internet, I'd love to see some evidence of one person changing someone else's mind after they disagree. Never happens.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by tllgn
    ibut the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates
    the figure or george takei ,or star trek , or mego .he must be a sadist .some people will put anything on youtube weird i tell ya .
    We now live in a reality TV hell and every nutcase thinks they are the star of the show. Being as cruel, crass and obnoxious possible for attention. Social media is going to be the end of us.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Yeah, the group is populated with folks who just keep returning to complain. The admins are trying to encourage other discussion, holding contests, asking to see collections etc. Hopefully it can find a balance.

A friend of mine recently posted her complete wave 1 and 2 collection, i couldn't get over the snarky comments posted about it, how rude can people be? She's happy with her purchases, it really bugged me.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    I feel like so many people in that Mego Ambassador group can never be satisfied. So much rage over action figures.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by tllgn
    it appears that its not only face book that there is a assortment of negitive nelles ,on youtube while watching reviews about the mego 2018 figures ,there are rants ,complaining about all sorts of
    things about the new figures and how much they hate target .but the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates
    the figure or george takei ,or star trek , or mego .he must be a sadist .some people will put anything on youtube weird i tell ya .
    They gotta buy 'em to burn 'em!

Leave a comment:

• tllgn
    replied
    it appears that its not only face book that there is a assortment of negitive nelles ,on youtube while watching reviews about the mego 2018 figures ,there are rants ,complaining about all sorts of
    things about the new figures and how much they hate target .but the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates

Leave a comment:

• Remco Monster
    replied
    Guys, change your notification preferences for the group and you won’t get notified about post replies. You can also click on the options for any particular post to get notified or stop notifications for that post/thread.

Leave a comment:

• noelani72
    replied
    I have blocked at least 20 folks so far from just the Ambassador page alone...and I am about ready to leave it altogether...so much hate...the Paul Stanley post dings me every time a new update is made.

I guess a $12.99 Mego is too much for people. Sad there is so much criticism.
    Depresses me every day until I walk into Target and buy a mego

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by toothaction
    The rest of understood what you were saying, Mary. Thanks for the nice comment.
    Yes, it was a great exercise in seeing the positive in any situation. I felt the same way sitting with my family watching "Justice League" .

Leave a comment:

• toothaction
    replied
    The rest of understood what you were saying, Mary. Thanks for the nice comment.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    ^ K. That wasn't really my point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍