Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Canary
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    I posted Richie this morning, it's a reissue of the original Mego figure. I get sent all the responses, it's unbelievably silly and over the top. Some people are just repeating themselves over and over again. Sorry it's not "insert favourite license" or "You only buy new characters" but aggggghhhh, get over yourselves.
    Exactly this. I think Mego is doing a good job of reviving/reissuing earlier figures like Happy Days and Star Trek, because people will remember them and remember having one as a kid. And also adding a mix of other licenses, which were partly chosen by Target anyway. They seem to be casting a wide net to reintroduce themselves, with room to grow going forward. No one is entitled to anything from them. Don't like it, don't buy it. But just maybe if you wish real hard, your favorite franchise or character could be next!

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    So sad that the return of your favorite toy company should be stressful in any way.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Yeah, I'm taking a leave of absence from FB for the day, other than updating on PlaidStallions which is usually joyous.

I posted Richie this morning, it's a reissue of the original Mego figure. I get sent all the responses, it's unbelievably silly and over the top. Some people are just repeating themselves over and over again. Sorry it's not "insert favourite license" or "You only buy new characters" but aggggghhhh, get over yourselves.

All this negativity can't be good for me, so I'm going to nip it in the bud.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    Those people have lost their minds this morning. O.o

Leave a comment:

• hedrap
    replied
    Wasn't this bound to happen? I remember Retro Action got nukin futs for awhile. It's like anything Mego sanctioned causes some moon howling.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    Thankfully, you don’t have to moderate that group. It’s so far beyond the pale, at times.

- Ian
    Trust me, I'm not applying for the gig. On top of folks that we banned from here, there is the added milieu of people I just don't personally care for that have now been reminded of my existance and are doing unsolicited and very unwelcome things to now garner my attention, wheeeeeee!

Instead they have chosen to see those catch-all expressions as something demeaning to the Mego name. So it’s degraded into this, “How do we properly kiss the ring,” mentality which I find embarrassing. It’s a toy company. Life goes on.
    Great analogy, it smacks of people being a bit bored more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    The MA garden needs a thorough weeding.

Leave a comment:

• EmergencyIan
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    Mego flamewars are usually my department, this feels weird.
    Thankfully, you don’t have to moderate that group. It’s so far beyond the pale, at times.

- Ian

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    I’m stroll onto FB this morning and the Ambassadors seems to have sunk to a new low. Threats of physical violence, etc. I suppose the thread will be deleted later this morning, but it’s exploding right now. Pathetic!

- Ian
    Mego flamewars are usually my department, this feels weird.

Leave a comment:

• EmergencyIan
    replied
    I’m stroll onto FB this morning and the Ambassadors seems to have sunk to a new low. Threats of physical violence, etc. I suppose the thread will be deleted later this morning, but it’s exploding right now. Pathetic!

- Ian

Leave a comment:

• cockyhoskins
    replied
    In the meantime, I'm just happy we have new figures... when y'all crack the code, please let me know!

Leave a comment:

• MIB41
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    No, no--I was asking rhetorically about the FB conversation. Not questioning you. I should have said, "their concern." Just curious as to what was upsetting fans.
    If I had to take all that drama and narrow it down to one issue, I would say there are a number of people who don’t fully understand the use of shorthand expressions (like ReMego).

Instead they have chosen to see those catch-all expressions as something demeaning to the Mego name. So it’s degraded into this, “How do we properly kiss the ring,” mentality which I find embarrassing. It’s a toy company. Life goes on.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Well, I'm upset that I haven't found any wave two figures a month before they are supposed to be released! What a gyp!

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    No, no--I was asking generally about the FB conversation, not questioning your post. I should have said, "their concern." Just curious as to what was upsetting fans.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 11, '18, 9:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MIB41
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I was desperate for about a week, then ordered online lol...

Seriously, this nomenclature thing interests me slightly. What's the concern? I'm trying to call vintage Mego, "Mego" and new Mego "Mego Corp." makes sense to me...
    The concern is not mine. It’s on the battlefield over at Ambassadors. It’s like asking for a Coke and being assailed for not calling it Pepsi. I’m not getting off in the weeds on that kind of hairsplitting. Call it anything you want, just don’t call me late for dinner. 😎
    Last edited by MIB41; Sep 11, '18, 9:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎