• Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Those people have lost their minds this morning. O.o

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I'm taking a leave of absence from FB for the day, other than updating on PlaidStallions which is usually joyous.

I posted Richie this morning, it's a reissue of the original Mego figure. I get sent all the responses, it's unbelievably silly and over the top. Some people are just repeating themselves over and over again. Sorry it's not "insert favourite license" or "You only buy new characters" but aggggghhhh, get over yourselves.

All this negativity can't be good for me, so I'm going to nip it in the bud.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

So sad that the return of your favorite toy company should be stressful in any way.

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
          I posted Richie this morning, it's a reissue of the original Mego figure. I get sent all the responses, it's unbelievably silly and over the top. Some people are just repeating themselves over and over again. Sorry it's not "insert favourite license" or "You only buy new characters" but aggggghhhh, get over yourselves.
          Exactly this. I think Mego is doing a good job of reviving/reissuing earlier figures like Happy Days and Star Trek, because people will remember them and remember having one as a kid. And also adding a mix of other licenses, which were partly chosen by Target anyway. They seem to be casting a wide net to reintroduce themselves, with room to grow going forward. No one is entitled to anything from them. Don't like it, don't buy it. But just maybe if you wish real hard, your favorite franchise or character could be next!

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
            So sad that the return of your favorite toy company should be stressful in any way.
            At least it's not them though, they've all been incredible, positive and very supportive.

I also don't have any expectations of them to do anything, the Ambassadors group is their party and they have every right to run it the way they want, so there is no friction there either.

Personally, I just need a detox from social media in general.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

My patience for drama has dissipated with age, especially as it relates to toys. I do a lot of ignoring these days and sometimes block certain idiots who cross the line.
              It amazes me how hard it is for people on Facebook to disagree with something and lack the ability to keep scrolling past it without a comment.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                Exactly this. I think Mego is doing a good job of reviving/reissuing earlier figures like Happy Days and Star Trek, because people will remember them and remember having one as a kid. And also adding a mix of other licenses, which were partly chosen by Target anyway. They seem to be casting a wide net to reintroduce themselves, with room to grow going forward. No one is entitled to anything from them. Don't like it, don't buy it. But just maybe if you wish real hard, your favorite franchise or character could be next!
                Exactly.

I'm completely stymied by some of the responses. I've never watched Charmed, so I don't feel the need to purchase the figure, I find that effortless.

it excites me when people i've never heard of start tweeting at the Museum about Charmed figures, welcome new Mego heads.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I've never watched Charmed

WHAT!!!????? Hour upon hour of Alyssa Milano and Co. with decent story.
                  You will start watcing now.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brue
                    WHAT!!!????? Hour upon hour of Alyssa Milano and Co. with decent story.
                    You will start watcing now.
                    You're talking to a guy with a poster of Shannon Doherty in his garage but I don't like stuff with magic in it...

Comment

• kingkongsy
                      • Oct 3, 2017

There's a BIG difference between being AWFUL and CENSORSHIP! Like everyone else I am glad that MEGO has returned however, there ARE issues with a few things ranging from quality to Target's way of doing business to CENSORSHIP! I recently left a Facebook page because I criticized the wave 2 Kelly Bundy and Facts of Life Jo figures. I stated that Kelly Bundy's face sculpt did not look anything like Christina Applegate and the Jo figure has the WRONG hair color which is pretty obvious as others pointed out. The moderator went and told me that we could NOT say anything negative at all, so pretty much CENSORSHIP reigns supreme on his page. I mentioned that WE pay tons of money on this line and others and YES, we are entitled to an opinion when WE are dropping our hard earned cash. Yes, there IS a difference between trashing or being mean and critical regarding quality that is obvious to the consumer. I recall ALL the negative feedback towards FTC as a company and their product quality. I still purchased some stuff but knew I had to fix some of the figures myself if I wanted to own certain figures. Heck, I have to fix Ace Frehley's hair on the Dynasty KISS sets. Im NOT into the wave 2 Full House boxset and know this one is going to be lowest selling figures of the entire line. Im sure someone will like t enough to maybe buy it but I hope that Mego didn't make many however, anyone can buy whatever they want. We have to understand that some lines are not going to be big sellers, Im a BIG Facts of Life fan but don't think I will be buying that line but know that the Jo figure has the WRONG hair color, I have been watching that show since 1979. I never watched Cheers in the 80s but I know it has a huge fanbase due to its ratings and some will buy those figures. I just don't know what all this crazy CENSORSHIP is all about and why it ONLY applies to Mego?
                      Last edited by kingkongsy; Sep 12, '18, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• kingkongsy
                        • Oct 3, 2017

Some of these folks just don't want anyone to have any opinion nor thoughts at all and pretend that all is great.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I can only speak for my own moderation style, and I don't know the situation, so i can't comment. You left his page, as was your right.

If you vote by not buying, you're not dropping any cash and that speaks louder than criticism.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

If you used any swear words in the thread, that may be what got it removed. There's plenty of complaining that has been left up on the ambassador page.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Also, at this point, I find that it’s not worth trying to correct people by saying “it’s a straight repro...this is what the original Mego Richie looked like,” for example. Though, Kevin is giving setting them straight his best shot! These people don’t care. It’s all lost on them. They’re in this for reasons beyond reasonable and rational comprehension.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                                Also, at this point, I find that it’s not worth trying to correct people by saying “it’s a straight repro...this is what the original Mego Richie looked like,” for example. Though, Kevin is giving setting them straight his best shot! These people don’t care. It’s all lost on them. They’re in this for reasons beyond reasonable and rational comprehension.

- Ian
                                I see your point, but isn't this the blowback for redoing original Mego's? Replicas are quicksand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎