X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    still wondering why it wasn't made compatible with the vintage figure. Mego even then was all about customization with the removable clothes and heads.
    I'm curious about that as well. My theory: Doc mentioned that they are going to create a new male body...so I'm thinking it's not going to have rubber bands, so they're changing the neck plug now to prepare for it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
      I've got it! The "Me-2" body?!
      Or even MeToo.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        still wondering why it wasn't made compatible with the vintage figure. Mego even then was all about customization with the removable clothes and heads.
        I can actually see an advantage on the male side; the heads honestly seem to rest better on the shoulders with the new construction. There were heads in the old days where the lip at the bottom of the neck wasn't thick enough and you get a head that sat in the neck hole c0ckeyed; that's pretty much impossible here. Also, there's no problem of the neck plugs ripping off. The females lose the extra neck articulation from the old days, but the torso and neck do look more natural.

And, it takes a little jury-rigging, but you can get do some switching:
        trekmegonew.jpgkellymego.jpg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Older heads with the neck plug ripped off do not fit on the new male M2 bodies. At least the ones I've tried don't fit. They wobble and fall off.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Older heads with the neck plug ripped off do not fit on the new male M2 bodies. At least the ones I've tried don't fit. They wobble and fall off.
            You have to build up the neck post. I was able to do so just by wrapping a thin strip of paper around under the lip of the pin and taping it in place. It's functional. Had to fidget with the female head, shave a little inside the neck hole and build up the top of the old neck plug (again, just some tape).

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
              You have to build up the neck post. I was able to do so just by wrapping a thin strip of paper around under the lip of the pin and taping it in place. It's functional. Had to fidget with the female head, shave a little inside the neck hole and build up the top of the old neck plug (again, just some tape).
              I was hoping the female heads were 1:1 between original and new Mego. Ah well...

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I was hoping the female heads were 1:1 between original and new Mego. Ah well...
                Takes a little work, but Kelly and Piper are perfect scale. Peg looks a bit big, though.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I hadn't cracked open a 8" figure yet, so I used a $5 gift card to buy a Action Jackson. My first Megos were Batman and Robin, post-removable cowls and masks, so Action Jackson doesn't mean much to me. But it's a nice looking figure, so I figured why not make it my first to open.

The body construction is fantastic! It's really solid with nice, tight joints.

I was skeptical about the new head joint, but it is definitely an improvement on the neck plug design. It fits the body nice and snug. I am very impressed.

Now if Mego could snag the license to do Captain Action, that would make a nice companion for AJ.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Takes a little work, but Kelly and Piper are perfect scale. Peg looks a bit big, though.
                    Have you tried a vintage Mego female head on a new Mego body?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎