• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I'm thinking "T3."
    Take a look at my header. Home of the Type 3 Body.
    Sorry brother, that name has been taken since Jan of 2004. Visit www.type3toys.com
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Type 3 is taken already. John has been using that for over a decade, I do believe.
      Correct Lonnie.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

absolute best reply of this thread.

Originally posted by kept back
        T-1000.

Because Mego said "I'll be back."

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by kept back
          T-1000.

Because Mego said "I'll be back."
          Well played.

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
            Anyway, do we call the new neck post one T18? Cause Mego returned in 2018. I dont know, its most likely more of my insanity showing.
            This was my thought as well.

I haven’t taken one apart or anything and I found this because I logged on to learn what FTC bodies are like. I had no idea how many body types are made.

However when the new body comes out later, well I guess it will be in 2019 so it can be T19.

The body designations are by and for collectors right? They are never advertised? But if Mego releases something like Type S, they should name it and mention it in the packaging and advertising.

So yeah, T18 reminds us of the year but as a casual person I’d prefer:
            MT18 for Mego Type 18 to help me sort it out from the others;
            Or M18 for Mego 18;
            MB18 for Mego Body 18...
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Capt Kirk
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 15, 2005

I like Tango One-Eight.
              AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Mego T3 for me. T1 and T2 specifically describe a body type as used by Mego. While other groups and or individuals may call themselves Type 3 it has no bearing on what we may call the third major body type as produced by Mego. But that then is the question. Is this body style different enough from the T2 to be called a T3?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  Mego T3 for me. T1 and T2 specifically describe a body type as used by Mego. While other groups and or individuals may call themselves Type 3 it has no bearing on what we may call the third major body type as produced by Mego. But that then is the question. Is this body style different enough from the T2 to be called a T3?
                  but it does, John was here first with that name and the body to go with it. You should really look into it before you talk.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I did. His company is fine as a boutique and I hope he has product to sell someday. Doesn't mean that his product is a T3 mego body. It is a mego styled body that as far as i can tell isn't even for sale. So his use of the term in no way precludes the collector use of the term T3 to describe a new generation of Mego bodies.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

You know, I suggested T3 because it popped into my head as the next logical progression. I was not thinking of fan-produced bodies and was certainly not trying to slight the effort and creativity that John puts into his figures. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for John and we've chatted at MegoMeets.

T0, T1, and T2 are not Mego designations either as far as I know, they are Museum/fan nomenclature. The cognoscenti use it. And it's precisely because it's a fan thing that John's feelings should be considered--he's a fan, too. We're a small community and I don't see the need to run roughshod over anybody. I can understand his concern. We have Flatt bodies, Boss bodies--there's room for a Type3Toys body.

The new body will, over time, have a nickname stick to it. Maybe just "the new body," who knows? Personally, I'm thinking now, considering the design changes, that T2.5 may be the most fitting appellation.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

I'm kind of liking T2.5, PNGwynne. When you get right down to it, it's identical to the T2 save for the neck post. I'd table any and all T3 discussion as a show of respect to John as he took things to the next level.

I'm also onboard with T18, too. It's simple enough of a designation that even a non-MM member can grasp it, and it lends itself to easy cataloging by adding a suffix if any running variants come along (for example T18G - glow-in-the-dark variant, T18B - brown body, T18F - female body, etc.). It's also easy to keep track of when the body was introduced (for example "The T20 body, introduced in 2020, is different from the T18 as it incorporated more scuplted musculature in the chest and limbs and a unique hidden joint system.")
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

I'm not even sure its different enough to call it 2.5. If anything its a 2.1 as far its style is concerned. Type3's body is in scale with mego but it is barely within the same style. The reason for that style was the body could be anybody from Leonard Nimoy to Batman to Jimi Hendrix. Imagine a Fonzie head on type3s body. Now imagine Pee Wee Herman. If his body is similar to Megos use at all it would be as a specialized body like the hulk body.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                            I did. His company is fine as a boutique and I hope he has product to sell someday. Doesn't mean that his product is a T3 mego body. It is a mego styled body that as far as i can tell isn't even for sale. So his use of the term in no way precludes the collector use of the term T3 to describe a new generation of Mego bodies.
                            well you didn't look into it very hard. John has been using his complete body on his customs for years and years. One of the few customizers out there that make the entire figure from head to toe.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I've got it! The "Me-2" body?!
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

still wondering why it wasn't made compatible with the vintage figure. Mego even then was all about customization with the removable clothes and heads.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎