X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by smonte00
    I went to a target close to work in Pembroke Pines, Fl (just north of miami). None in stock. They said they expect them on 8/7, but could be earlier because they are scheduled to redo the toy section this week.
    Yeah, they were resetting when I went. Too bad they can't hit reset on their brains. Target blows.

Comment

• smonte00
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 19, 2005

Too bad, right? At least he said to ask for him when I go back and that regardless if the section has been reset or not, if they have them in stock, he’ll let me pick out what I want.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2011

Don't hold your breath, Florida

My goodness, so the Super Target in Sanford, Florida tells me new Mego is coming in on Tuesday, 7/31 a few days ago, now I just called to confirm and they say " online " orders only.

Daytona Beach, Target the same thing as well as Altamonte Springs. In fact the Target dude said, Florida might not get any at all ? and to go online

I said, screw this so went online just a while ago and bought another Hendrix,

Also bought Sulu, Action Jackson and Harley Quinn

If you really think about it if the print run was limited to 10,000 each figure with serial numbers and there are 2,000 Target Stores in USA that would only be 5 figures per store.

So now you know the rest of the story, The State of Florida could be on the inside looking out ?

Corny
        Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
        :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
        I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

Ugh. I just wish they had the mirror 2 pack online. I would’ve placed the order online for all 4 treks and I’d be done with all of this. I think it’s a conspiracy. If I only get 2, I’ll have to pay for shipping. 🤪

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

If you really think about it if the print run was limited to 10,000 each figure with serial numbers and there are 2,000 Target Stores in USA that would only be 5 figures per store.
            Hopefully sales are going to be enough of a success for a "second printing" of the most popular ones. I hope that Marty and Doc will at least consider it at some point.

I went past a target today and stopped for the heck of it. Still nothing though. They are just now started work on their toy section.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by smonte00
              Ugh. I just wish they had the mirror 2 pack online. I would’ve placed the order online for all 4 treks and I’d be done with all of this. I think it’s a conspiracy. If I only get 2, I’ll have to pay for shipping. ��

I hear ya Mego buddy.

If anyone on this thread and from Florida and you find new Mego anywhere in the state ( FLA ) please report back here.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2011

Reason I pulled the plug and bought 7 figures online so far is because the Florida TARGETS are clueless, honestly.

Didn't want to take a chance on certain characters selling out. Yea, it would be nice to go to a TARGET store by me and buy off the shelves and look at each one, but when the product is not there, online is second best.

I'm still confused on if 10,000 run and 2,000 Target stores in USA, how in the world would every Target carry the line?

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2011

No Mego waves in Florida It has gone from, yea will get them in today, from August 7th to now not getting new Mego in at all and only

available online, not sold in stores. Called several TARGETS from Tampa - Orlando and surrounding areas and nothing.

Even gave them the (DPCI): 087-16-2575 codes for Hendrix and coming up not available in store....so frustrating seeing some states get boat loads of new Mego and Florida has nothing.

Comment

• zaphod
                    • Dec 19, 2011

When Target does things like this in Florida, it makes me want to shop at WalMart instead of ever stepping back into Target...

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by zaphod
                      When Target does things like this in Florida, it makes me want to shop at WalMart instead of ever stepping back into Target...
                      10-4 ZAP !

I have a Target literally across the street from my business, so close I can walk.

So I go in and NOPE, nothing.

Target Toy dude pulls up his phone and checks all TARGETS within 100 miles from me and they all said...OUT OF STOCK.

We talked about other states getting them in and on display racks, he said REALLY ?

And I just said thanks, and walked away thinking, whatever dude.

Corny

Comment

• smonte00
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 19, 2005

I feel your pain, Corny. Brickseek shows out of stock in all south Florida targets. I have someone checking on them for me, though. He knows a guy that gets him Star Wars black series stuff all the time. If this pays off, I’ll let you know. Let me know which ones you’re interested in. If I can get my hands on some for you to too, I will.

Steve

Comment

• DrZorma
                          • Sep 1, 2016

I had the same issue in CA. After multiple strategies and failed attempts I found something that seemed to work. The employees seem to have two devices (I am sure anyone who works at Target might think my interpretation is funny) available for them to search by. They all have a smartphone thing that is useless and prompts the automated-like response "not here only available online." There is another, rarer, and thys more coveted inventory checker thingy (slightly bigger than smartphone thing) that actually does know what is in the store. I use UPC instead of DCPI ( hasnt worked by that strategy, the coveted device likes UPC). If you can find a helpful assistant (I always go to electronics and aplologize its not toys...etc) and get explain it to them that the item is already instore in "tubs" waiting to be set out. Tell them the above, it should make sense to them and they will pull them from back. This worked in 70% of the stores I tried it in, so give it a try, good hunting!

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

I checked my nearest Target on Monday, but they don't think they're going to be getting them at all here in Maine...sucktacular!
                            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

You guys are using the wrong numbers. You have to use case numbers, not individual figure numbers for them to find them.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Give them this number and see what they say. 087163112

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎