X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by spockoda
    My wife went to a Target today that was listed on their website as having them in stock and found not a Mego one. Personally I don't think Mego or Target know what the hell their doing. I'm not going to count on anything but what I can find online.
    Okay, the website actually said they weren't in stock where my wife went. My bad.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by spockoda
      My wife went to a Target today that was listed on their website as having them in stock and found not a Mego one. Personally I don't think Mego or Target know what the hell their doing. I'm not going to count on anything but what I can find online.
      In stock doesn't necessarily mean on the floor. It can be sitting in the back room on a pallet. Did you give them a DPCI number when you went?

Comment

• amby87
        • Nov 21, 2009

The nearest Target to me is 30 miles away in State College, PA. After checking it out a number of times this past week with no luck, I went again this evening and found them on an end cap in the toy dept. They looked to have had everything except the Jeannie 2-pack. The pegs looked full of the 8 inch figures so I don't know if anyone had even purchased any by the time I got there. I did only see one each of the 14 inch Batman and Harley Quinn so someone had gotten some of those apparently. A few days ago in Shamokin Dam, PA it looked as though they were about to do a reset of the toy department so I asked an employee about Mego figures and he said he knew about them as he had seen them mentioned on a planogram (I think that's what he called it) and that I should try back early this coming week. Of the four Targets I stopped at this week, he was the only employee I spoke to who didn't seem totally clueless. In State College, I picked up the Mirror 2 pack, Sulu, Chekov, Bela, and AJ but, man, I'm still scratching my head over Tootie. All I can say is God love the person who actually thought Tootie would make a great action figure. LOL

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Liu Bei
          In stock doesn't necessarily mean on the floor. It can be sitting in the back room on a pallet. Did you give them a DPCI number when you went?
          I made a mistake, the website said the store didn't have them yet. I didn't have the numbers handy when I asked my wife to go there.

Comment

• spockoda
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by amby87
            The nearest Target to me is 30 miles away in State College, PA. After checking it out a number of times this past week with no luck, I went again this evening and found them on an end cap in the toy dept. They looked to have had everything except the Jeannie 2-pack. The pegs looked full of the 8 inch figures so I don't know if anyone had even purchased any by the time I got there. I did only see one each of the 14 inch Batman and Harley Quinn so someone had gotten some of those apparently. A few days ago in Shamokin Dam, PA it looked as though they were about to do a reset of the toy department so I asked an employee about Mego figures and he said he knew about them as he had seen them mentioned on a planogram (I think that's what he called it) and that I should try back early this coming week. Of the four Targets I stopped at this week, he was the only employee I spoke to who didn't seem totally clueless. In State College, I picked up the Mirror 2 pack, Sulu, Chekov, Bela, and AJ but, man, I'm still scratching my head over Tootie. All I can say is God love the person who actually thought Tootie would make a great action figure. LOL
            Tootie getting an action figure gives me hope that anybody I could think of could get an action figure. Karloff and Lugosi from The Black Cat and The Raven? Night Court characters? Me? Okay, lol, maybe me getting one is pushing things!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              I've checked DPCI codes ad nauseam. In my area, bupkis. Friendly and helpful Target staff, though.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Still didn't see any at Target but went to a toy show today and saw Sulu, Chekov and AJ in person. They looked nice, no prices on them and I didn't ask.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

at this point I have ordered everything I want from the website, except the Trek 2 pack and Norm. I also want to pick up Batman for my nephew and I guess I will just pull the trigger on that since he is on and off the website daily it seams

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I'm actually rather surprised the Hendrix figure has not sold out on the website. that is one that should appeal to a cross collector base, although maybe not enough non toy people know about it yet

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by amby87
                      In State College, I picked up the Mirror 2 pack, Sulu, Chekov, Bela, and AJ but, man, I'm still scratching my head over Tootie. All I can say is God love the person who actually thought Tootie would make a great action figure. LOL
                      You'll notice that even on this site, the most devout Mego place on the net, most people are only buying Dracula, AJ and the Star Trek characters. Sure, there's some people buying the others, but it's the exception, not the rule. I'd be shocked if piles of Tooties and Alice the maids don't end up next to copies of ET Atari games in a desert somewhere.

Comment

• shazam7208
                        Career Member
                        • Oct 28, 2008

Finally found them in GA this weekend, picked up the Jeannie 2 pack, Dracula and 14" Wonder Woman...ordered Kelly / Charlies Angels from the Target website on the release day and it was the only one available on the site I was looking for that was still available...showed up the same day, glad to get them and looking forward to wave 2!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          You'll notice that even on this site, the most devout Mego place on the net, most people are only buying Dracula, AJ and the Star Trek characters. Sure, there's some people buying the others, but it's the exception, not the rule. I'd be shocked if piles of Tooties and Alice the maids don't end up next to copies of ET Atari games in a desert somewhere.
                          I've had so many emails and dms about tootie, it's unreal. They actually may be onto something.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

These are literally sitting in the storage of every Target around me, and nobody will bring them out.

Let me be clear, four different store employees have gone in the back and looked. They've all come out and said "yeah, we have them but until we get xyz done..." they then tell me to go to the other store.

Neca's display is being setup quicker and will be finished at these stores before megos are shelved.
                            Last edited by hedrap; Aug 5, '18, 8:18 PM.

Comment

• megomania
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
                              These are literally sitting in the storage of every Target around me, and nobody will bring them out.

Let me be clear, four different store employees have gone in the back and looked. They've all come out and said "yeah, we have them but until we get xyz done..." they then tell me to go to the other store.

Neca's display is being setup quicker and will be finished at these stores before megos are shelved.
                              Same here in the Seattle area.

-Chris

Comment

• toyman
                                Just Another Collector
                                • Sep 1, 2008

Mirror set on Target site now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢