Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

his legs look broken. I ordered two Jimi's. one to open and one to pack away. looking forward to future waves of the rock icons

Comment

• ZMOQ
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jun 1, 2010

Went to Target in Colma (a few miles south of San Francisco) looking for Halloween stuff, and I was surprised to bump into an endcap display of MEGO! Question about the bodies- are these the same figures that Figures Toy Company/Classic TV Toys has been selling for years? Or are these made by a different manufacturer? How close are these to original MEGO?

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
        Went to my local Target again, and finally saw Megos...yeah...

The display is paltry, only five different figures, definitely not set up right yet, but at least they finally had some...
        Hec, that's my nightmare scenario. I'd rather have no local selection. Hopefully, that was ransacked before you arrived.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Found two end caps full at two different Targets tonight. Funny because I stopped at one of the these Targets this morning and they did not have them out yet.

The only things not on the shelves were the Mirror, Mirror Set and 14” Batman (one Target had no 14” figures out yet).

I bought 14” Wonder Woman, 8” Dracula, Hendrix and Piper from Charmed, and the Jeannie Set.

Still looking for 14” Batman.

Fonzie was tempting, as was Norm (GREAT head sculpt!) and Zod. I may get more later, but this was a good start.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by ZMOQ
            Went to Target in Colma (a few miles south of San Francisco) looking for Halloween stuff, and I was surprised to bump into an endcap display of MEGO! Question about the bodies- are these the same figures that Figures Toy Company/Classic TV Toys has been selling for years? Or are these made by a different manufacturer? How close are these to original MEGO?
            this is a new body. torso has a neck extender and the head pops onto that, unlike the original heads with a plug. also has different body construction than original megos. look at the other threads. there is one that dissects the new body

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              rumor I heard was Jim Morrison was next
              I'd buy one!
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                I'd buy one!
                i'll buy 2!

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  rumor I heard was Jim Morrison was next
                  Rumor I heard was Jim Morrison is still alive and disguised as an L.A. Woman.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Found them all tonight, except Bela Lugosi. I only got Norm, but was tempted by the Trek guys. Just don’t want to add more to collect.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

And now my brother just found Bela so I’m pretty thrilled.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

You found some in Ohio? Dang.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

Stopped by my local Target in Parma and then my brother drove out a little farther and found them at the one by Great Northern in North Olmsted. They weren’t there yesterday.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Mar 15, 2010

Mego in Tampa (Dale Mabry & I-275)! All figures except Dracula.

Mego Tampa.jpg

Comment

• KLAATU
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 3, 2009

I found all of them in store in the Atlanta area - except for the Jeannie two-pack. This is after striking out at eight other local Targets.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Still absolutely nothing in the Boston area, I already asked Target store associates yesterday and again today, giving them the DCPI code numbers and when they looked it up, it said Mego action figures not in stock in any of the Massachusetts stores and not available in stores. I already dislike this state for other reasons, but now this? the politicians
                                in this state who usually talk from both sides of there mouths, probably blocked local targets from selling megos, claiming? it's contributing to the delinquency of minors, wouldn't put it pass them.

I will of course not take there word as gospel, and will keep checking online, but my local Target toy section and action figure aisle was just restocked and no megos.

I'm really not to upset about it, just disappointed, because I might have at least grabbed Sulu and Chekov, and like
                                I said in another post, I will absolutely not buy these on ebay, I checked ebay and its disgusting what these scum bags
                                are selling these for, double and triple the original price plus shipping.

Unfortunately it looks like I will miss out on the second wave when released because I really wanted a Romulan Commander
                                even though I have a very nice custom, it's not the same as actually finding one produced by mego all nice and sealed
                                in the package.
                                Last edited by TrekStar; Aug 3, '18, 7:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎