Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Dang. Harley's gone again. Looks like there's some real demand, although you do have to temper that with the knowledge that there's only 10,000 of each to begin with and only a portion of those are going to the website.

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Dang. Harley's gone again. Looks like there's some real demand, although you do have to temper that with the knowledge that there's only 10,000 of each to begin with and only a portion of those are going to the website.
      Part of me is hoping that the distribution issues are going to lead to some trading on here. If I can't snag a Jeannie set, I'll probably be willing to trade Harley for it.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
        Actually, I believe there are only 8000 each of the 14"-ers.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I find it odd and a bit shady that Target is charging more online for Dracula.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^I'd bet that's an IT err. Remember how he wasn't listed with the other sets from the start? Something's screwy with that listing.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
              Actually, I believe there are only 8000 each of the 14"-ers.
              Correct you are, which likely explains them vanishing first.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Duncan
                Drac is on line.
                ...and Drac is gone again. Grrr.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I don't want to order online, as the whole point to me is physically finding them at the store, having that nostalgic childhood moment...
                  sigpic

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

They seem to be selling the Star Trek ones Ebay .......but they are 3-4 times the price....but they are selling

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I just popped into my local one. They are in my massive overhaul stage. Huge amounts being moved to Clearance with boxes of new stuff still wrapped on pallets.

Here's the problem. I asked one guy doing the swap. Showed him Harley online. His phone shows nothing. I ask him when the planagram will be done. He says Wednesday, but they probably won't get them until the end of the month, and then it's probably more of a Fall/October release, as the system shows them the plans two weeks out.

He's as wrong as it gets. It's guaranteed to be sitting in the back, but Target IT has massively screwed this up. If it showed "coming soon" then the employees would be more helpful. As in, actually check their legit stock.

I understand where Hec is coming from. Buying online defeats the half the purpose of reviving a brand.

My real concern is if we all resort to online or buying from each other, the store inventory is not going to move. So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and turns into an online exclusive.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

I Dream of Jeannie just went up online. Got that set plus Action Jackson and free shipping.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

All that leaves for me is the Star Trek Mirror 2-pack and Dracula and I will have hit all my wants.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            I Dream of Jeannie just went up online. Got that set plus Action Jackson and free shipping.
                            10 minutes later and it's out of stock again. Literally went out as I pressed "add to cart."

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
                              10 minutes later and it's out of stock again. Literally went out as I pressed "add to cart."
                              Sorry man, I know that sucks. I added it the second it showed up in stock. Glad I didn't wait like I did on the Dracula (which I missed out on.)

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 14, 2012

I think it will all work out in the end. I stopped by a local Target this morning, and they had a grand total of two figures: 1 Kelly Garret, and 1 Fonzie. But they were just starting a reset of the toy department. The superhero aisle was empty, and employees were emptying other aisles out onto carts. I'll bet that once they're finished, one of those endcaps will be devoted to Mego. That seems to be the case in a lot of Targets. They'll probably all be full of Megos in the next week or two, I just have to be patient. And in the meantime I'll keep checking the website every now and then, to see if anything pops up. Yesterday I was feeling kind of bummed out, but now I think I'll end up getting all the figures I want eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎