Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, kudos to Mego on good sales. However, we have seen before where distribution and not being able to get the product for too many people, kills a line. I hope they get this fixed and/or have more of each produced so it is not an issue on future waves

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

all that is left on Target.com are
      Star Trek Chekov
      Brady Bunch Alice
      Jimi Hendrix
      Happy Days Fonz
      Charlie Angels Kelly Garrett
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
        Museum Patron
        • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        yeah, kudos to Mego on good sales. However, we have seen before where distribution and not being able to get the product for too many people, kills a line. I hope they get this fixed and/or have more of each produced so it is not an issue on future waves
        Yep. Y'know, when I can't get what I want, I'm finding it easier these days to talk myself out of ever wanting it in the first place.

I was excited to spend $100 or so bucks this morning on Mego. Something else will swoop in to take their place, though.

Comment

• KLAATU
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 3, 2009

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
          Yep. Y'know, when I can't get what I want, I'm finding it easier these days to talk myself out of ever wanting it in the first place.

I was excited to spend $100 or so bucks this morning on Mego. Something else will swoop in to take their place, though.
          Yeah, I had two $50 Target gift cards reserved for the new Megos. I really wanted the Mirror Mirror 2-pack and Action Jackson. But, I couldn't get these online and they don't seem to be in the local stores yet.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Funny, because I budgeted around $100 for this morning too, with most of that going to a Jeannie set, and the 14" Batman and Wonder Woman. And with my 5% RedCard discount, I figured I could pick and choose up to three carded figures.

But I also find it easier to talk myself out of buying stuff when I cannot find it (Hello, DC Multiverse!). I'm still hopeful to find these on the shelf, although what I was initially going to purchase may shrink by the time I find them as my excitement and the impulse to buy gets diminished, especially when I look around my house and think, "Do I really need these? Where am I going to display them?".

No surprise though. Unless it's Star Wars toys with a hard street date, toys always seem to trickle out to the shelves depending on how fast the store resets areas, or employees just want to throw stuff on the floor to move it out from the back. And store exclusives are usually the worst for synchronized release.

Comment

• Moxen
              Museum Patron
              • Nov 6, 2016

This. With almost everything I wanted gone/never online in the first place, I would have dropped the whole thing if I didn't commit to getting a Hendrix for a co-worker. I had a few other things in my cart like Star Wars Black Series Tarkin that sold out over night too, so I couldn't even get my consolation prize.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

The anticipation has been terrible and I felt true disappointment this morning when I walk into my local target. I was probably gonna buy 2 AJ's (one to open, one to keep on card), 1 Dracula, and 1 Fonz. I probably would have walked out with another AJ and some Trek, as well.

It's gonna be fun when they do arrive, if the scalpers don't get in the way, that is...

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Managed to Hit up 4 Targets this morning. Just the one from this past week earlier had them but left overs. Norm, Peggy, Tootie, Kelly, Batman, Zod, Harley and wonder woman. And one set of I Dream of Jeannie. So tempted by that Jeannie set. Wish they sold her separately. She is a perfect Mego. The sculpt is amazing and the right size for the body. No nogginitis like FTC. Ran into Jason73 while there. Fun when I meet other Megoheads when on the hunt.

Comment

• Madcap70
                    • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Madcap70
                    Scalpers are going to do this too..

They already are doing this check E-Bay....

Comment

• Jason73
                      Correctamundo!
                      • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                      Managed to Hit up 4 Targets this morning. Just the one from this past week earlier had them but left overs. Norm, Peggy, Tootie, Kelly, Batman, Zod, Harley and wonder woman. And one set of I Dream of Jeannie. So tempted by that Jeannie set. Wish they sold her separately. She is a perfect Mego. The sculpt is amazing and the right size for the body. No nogginitis like FTC. Ran into Jason73 while there. Fun when I meet other Megoheads when on the hunt.
                      Great to see you today Ed. We'll have to get together again. I'll keep an eye out for Drac for you.
                      Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

The Targets I went to all said only one per character per person.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

THe Target I went to said they weren't getting them. Just Super Targets
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I went to a super Target and they told me they were not getting them. I will check again anyway as these clerks often don't know what they are talking about, although the website did say not available in stores so who the hell knows

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              I went to a super Target and they told me they were not getting them. I will check again anyway as these clerks often don't know what they are talking about, although the website did say not available in stores so who the hell knows
                              The CS clerk I talked to was looking right at them on his gadget and showed them to me where it said they would not be available at that store. I've already done a 40 mile round trip and I am done with this hunt. Seems like this is way more difficult than it should be.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                The CS clerk I talked to was looking right at them on his gadget and showed them to me where it said they would not be available at that store. I've already done a 40 mile round trip and I am done with this hunt. Seems like this is way more difficult than it should be.
                                You should be calling around, and not driving. Give them numbers like 087163112. That's how they find them in the back room. The individual numbers don't work, just the case numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎