Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site rep - what states have they been found in?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golddragon71
    • Nov 22, 2010

Manalapan, NJ
    Found Norm, Alice, Tootie, Chekov, Charmed girl, and Genie and Star Trek Mirror Mirror two packs
    See latest acquisitions for further details..

Comment

• Tommyboy
      Spock Head Speculator
      • May 13, 2003

Whenever I search the Target web site for my local store it says none are in stock. I cautiously used Brickseek (because I dislike spoilers) and found my store had some Megos in stock. When I visited my Target in Maryland I saw two Kelly Garretts and two Fonzies. They were on an endcap with the Mego banner. I saw tags on the shelves where Mego 2-packs and 14 inch figures had been (or will be?). A helpful employee scanned the bar codes and confirmed that the store didn't have any more in the back room.

I couldn't not buy Megos upon seeing them at retail for the first time in decades, so I left with Kelly and Fonzi. Maybe I'll send them to Starfleet Academy so they can join the crew.

Coincidentally, my online Target order of Sulu, Chekov, and Alice arrived today. As others have noted, the figures were packed in generous amounts of bubble-wrap. Each figure was in a small Target box and then the small boxes were shipped to me in a large Target box. Nicely done!

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

yep got my order today and was surpised by how big the box was just for five figures.then they were individually boxed inside,at least target took care in shipping something that's collectible.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Found a full end cap in Hoover, Alabama this afternoon. What a thrill to buy Megos right off the shelf!3FDCDBF2-F7C4-4A91-B271-37CD9EAE5E3E.jpg

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

On Target.com, the 14" Batman is in stock. Wasn't there last night, so I tweeted Target and they DMed me on twitter.
            Just ordered an Action Jackson and Batman. :D

CT stores don't have them and no idea when they'll get 'em so the website is my only source.
            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by K
              On Target.com, the 14" Batman is in stock. Wasn't there last night, so I tweeted Target and they DMed me on twitter.
              Just ordered an Action Jackson and Batman. :D

CT stores don't have them and no idea when they'll get 'em so the website is my only source.
              While I was in Target, standing disappointed that they still hadn't put out any Batmans, I got a "In Stock" email notification for it. Being that I found all of the other figures I wanted at retail, I gave in and just ordered the Batman online. With my RedCard, I saved 5% and got free shipping, so that helped. Now I am sure I will find a Batman tomorrow.

Comment

• K
                Fun Will Now Commence
                • Jun 20, 2001

^ There is NO substitute for seeing Megos (vintage or reissue) "in the wild", but the personnel at my Target said there was no indication when/if they'd come to CT stores. *shrug*
                So cool for you that you got nearly all of them in person! Great!!!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by K
                  ^ There is NO substitute for seeing Megos (vintage or reissue) "in the wild", but the personnel at my Target said there was no indication when/if they'd come to CT stores. *shrug*
                  So cool for you that you got nearly all of them in person! Great!!!!
                  That's pretty much what I was told next store to you in MA, I much rather buy these in stores and not online and have
                  to pay extra for shipping.

Comment

• Other Worlds
                    • Feb 8, 2009

New york / long island update

NEW YORK / LONG ISLAND UPDATE

Checked five (5) Target stores near me tonight. The stores were located in Huntington, Commack, Farmingdale, Commack South and Hicksville.

None of the stores had them in-stock.

DCPI Master Codes showed none in-stock and none in the back. Managers told me that while the toy section has been rearranged there is no spot for them. It is possible that they might display them on the back wall in the Electronics Department. They will NOT be using the suggested the display (end cap) plan.

They show them due to arrive in store either August 7th or 8th. They would then be on the shelves a few days after that.

A friend of mine checked two (2) stores in Flushing and College Point. There was nothing to be found.

I personally do not blame any of this on Mr. Abrams or Mr. Clarke. This is entirely Targets fault. This is a perfect example of poor planning.

I’ve worked logistics in the past including roll-outs and exclusives.

Shelves should have been cleared and the items should have been in the stores a few days before the release date.

The poor management and planning by Target do not bode well for Wave 2 & 3. It may actually hurt future sales.

If there is a Wave 4 (+) Target may not be the answer. I, however, do not think Diamond is an alternative either.

I truly hope that this is not a one and done type of situation. I still look forward to purchasing my Wave 1 figures along with all future Waves.

I will advise all as changes warrant.

Happy 2018 Mego hunting to all!!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2011

I agree to disagree.

You have to remember, MEGO has been out of the loop since 1984 and kids today unless parents have told them are new.

The buzz, I would bet are between ages 44 - 60 ?

Brings back their childhood.

Love Target, but their also contracted to a few more toy companies than MEGO.

Once sales move, shelves move.

It's a business.

Corny POTA
                      Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                      :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                      I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• K
                        Fun Will Now Commence
                        • Jun 20, 2001

Tjacwave,
                        FYI I got free shipping on target.com
                        I think over $35 it ships free or something

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by K
                          Tjacwave,
                          FYI I got free shipping on target.com
                          I think over $35 it ships free or something
                          Well that's encouraging news, in the meantime I'll keep periodically checking my local Targets
                          but if I can score a Sulu-Chekov and Possbly Norm or Dracula and get free shipping, it's worth it
                          just a bit comprehensive ordering online and having it shipped from a big company warehouse
                          hoping you get a nice looking figure and not something broken, I only say this because of past
                          experience with CTVT Thanks K for the info.

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

I'm planning to checkout Target this evening. The Target website has been very unreliable for us up through July 29th in regards to Mego stock.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by jacoblb
                              I'm planning to checkout Target this evening. The Target website has been very unreliable for us up through July 29th in regards to Mego stock.
                              I am glad you said this because, I have gone online and it says my local target has 12 figures in stock and they are shown on the site, so I go there and there's (no) figures on the shelves and target employees check the DCPI or case numbers on there devices and it comes up as mego action figures not in stock or unavailable.

Although I don't put any blame on Mego, I think this is Target's doing all by themselves.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Have yet to see them anywhere in Central Pa. I got my Wonder Woman and Jimi today, came very well packed in individual boxes inside a larger box. Both in perfect condition - and they look great! I have Dracula coming soon.
                                Still want Norm and Jeannie though. Hoping they show up somewhere soon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎