X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius POTA
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
    I have 3 Targets at close proximity to me (2 at Bronx, New York and 1 at Mount Vernon). I'm gonna be tracking them down on the release date.
    yes, please do Ivaniski. let me know what you find out about supply , stores and online. I would like to plan as well like everyone here on MM.
    Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
    :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      I was buying other stuff actually but I couldn't help but notice a major portion of the store was under construction.
      Bear in mind that a lot of stores are revamping their make-up and home furnishing departments, so any major construction is most likely for that and not for Megos.

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      I went by my nearest TARGET Tuesday afternoon to check and see if anything was out early. My particular store was clearing off two entire six foot sections of what I call the “pop culture” wall at the back of the store behind electronics. I have a feeling that’s likely where the MEGOs will live, at least in Clarksville.
      There's usually an endcap for the retro stuff. Same place you find Stretch Armstrong, the Strawberry Shortcake/My Little Pony retro figures, and the retro games. I think the walls in the back are almost exclusively Funko stuff. Although, the back wall would probably be better for carded figures, so you're probably right.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

I might have to go out myself to pick up Marcia Brady with bashed in nose.(She's listed on Alice's card).Hopefully she comes with a football

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          Bear in mind that a lot of stores are revamping their make-up and home furnishing departments, so any major construction is most likely for that and not for Megos.
          Well yeah, I never thought they were doing it specifically for Mego's!

However, they were reworking the toy section.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I went to a Target last night that was finished with the whole store revamp. I have no idea where these will go; there has to be decent space for the two packs and 14" figures though.

The thing that struck me the most was that the Funko back wall was greatly reduced in size. I thought that could be revamped to add Mego since it focuses on retro items.

Also, in the front of the store, right between Starbucks and clothing at this particular location, was a huge area created and dedicated to Harry Potter. From the aisle to the back wall. I actually missed it on my way in because I didn't look left, and only saw it as I was walking back towards the registers. I wish Mego could have snagged the HP license and done what FTC tried, but ultimately failed at doing.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
              I went to a Target last night that was finished with the whole store revamp. I have no idea where these will go; there has to be decent space for the two packs and 14" figures though.

The thing that struck me the most was that the Funko back wall was greatly reduced in size. I thought that could be revamped to add Mego since it focuses on retro items.

Also, in the front of the store, right between Starbucks and clothing at this particular location, was a huge area created and dedicated to Harry Potter. From the aisle to the back wall. I actually missed it on my way in because I didn't look left, and only saw it as I was walking back towards the registers. I wish Mego could have snagged the HP license and done what FTC tried, but ultimately failed at doing.
              Sounds like Funko will be sharing the back wall with NECA & Mego.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Shop Target for mego you will love at great low prices. Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup plus free shipping on orders $35+.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tmthor
                  Sounds like Funko will be sharing the back wall with NECA & Mego.
                  Well, the problem is that they reduced the Funko space by getting rid of half (or more) of the shelves, so the NECA and Mego offerings won't be going there, unless it's just this Target's design that did that.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Well, the problem is that they reduced the Funko space by getting rid of half (or more) of the shelves, so the NECA and Mego offerings won't be going there, unless it's just this Target's design that did that.
                    In the target I was in last night the Funko wall has shrunk to 12 ft (was 24) and looks like they have cleared space (2 8ft sections) for something. And NECA just announced they will be in Target by august 3rd

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tmthor
                      In the target I was in last night the Funko wall has shrunk to 12 ft (was 24) and looks like they have cleared space (2 8ft sections) for something. And NECA just announced they will be in Target by august 3rd
                      It makes perfect sense to put the Retro Mego with the Retro Funko merch.

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

I may have been wrong A Target employee (and a buddy of mine) said some stores will be putting the carded figures on an endcap with some of the boxed sets. but most of the boxed sets and the rest of the figures will be in the entertainment section aka with the funko and Stranger things merch.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

I have a Target 1/2 mile from me, I'll start checking it out more frequently. July 29 is the OFFICIAL date?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                            I have a Target 1/2 mile from me, I'll start checking it out more frequently. July 29 is the OFFICIAL date?
                            According to Mego and Target, it is. I've linked the official announcement several times, but can't do it right now because I'm using my phone to respond. I can post it again later if you want, or you can check it out on page 2 of this thread.

Comment

• Frank
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2, 2009

Apparently someone found the 14” figures in Texas today (posted via FB). Thought I’d try my luck today ... went to my local Target and. Othing on the shelves in the toy dept or the “collector” back wall. Had the “DCPI” for the 14” figures from Target’s website. The person who helped me tried to punch it up on their handheld scanner thing .... they couldn’t find anything (the “DCPI” could not be located). They then said let me check with someone else ... they came back a few mi utes later and said “they’re going to be online only”. I told them that someone had found them at a Target store in Texas today. They kinda shrugged their shoulders and said “I don’t know maybe it’s that we are just not getting them in this store”. So I “took a swing today and missed”.

I don’t know if that person in Texas that found the 14” figures was actually able to buy them or not. I’m hoping it’s a thing that the figures are just not showing up yet in my store’s system is because of the 7/29 release date. We’ll see .....

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                Target.com says July 29.

I also saved them to a wishlist on my Target app.
                                —-
                                “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                                - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                                - Captain Spock
                                https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍