X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Liu Bei
    One license that I think Mego should pursue is the Karate Kid / Cobra Kai. The show has been a massive success, and it's sent the prices for Remco's vintage Karate Kid figures through the roof, and even bumped up the value of Funko's Karate Kid ReAction figures..
    I agree, Karate Kid, Miagi, along with the Cobra Kai would be huge! 1984 preferred first.

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

Would I be wrong in wishing for something from the National Lampoons movies(Animal House, Vacation, Class Reunion,etc), Saturday Night Live and all the Mel Brooks movies. Wouldn’t it be great if instead of Star Wars, Mego could some how get around the whole Spaceballs product licensing embargo?!

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by bgiles73
        Would I be wrong in wishing for something from the National Lampoons movies(Animal House, Vacation, Class Reunion,etc), Saturday Night Live and all the Mel Brooks movies. Wouldn’t it be great if instead of Star Wars, Mego could some how get around the whole Spaceballs product licensing embargo?!
        I'd love to see Revenge of the Nerds...Booger,Ogre,Lewis,Poin-dexter

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I'd love to see the return of the Dr Who line!!! Even if they just did the Drs themselves.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• garfoot
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 28, 2012

Okay, been a long time since I was here. After looking around on Facebook, just found out that MEGO is back? Are you kidding me? The actual MEGO company from the 70's? Excuse me if this has been addressed already, but do they plan on making Marvel figures like FTC makes DC? Could a miracle occur and they actual make Star Wars megos? I see some of the lines planned, and they look great, but just wondering if those will only appeal to older collectors? I can't see kids today wanting I dream of Jeannie figures. I plan on starting with Trek, then seeing what else comes out. Looking forward to Comic Con next week. Any help with my questions would be helpful, not an expert like you guys, just an average joe who loved MEGO in the 70's. Thanks again.

Comment

• garfoot
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 28, 2012

My want list would be:
              5. Six Million Dollar Man
              4. Battlestar Galactica
              3. Back to the Future
              2. Marvel
              1. Star Wars

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I tried to stay away from this, but I am drawn in, so...

Trying to stay as realistic as possible (i.e. no Marvel or DC), I would love to see:

1. Pulp Heroes. I am still waiting on someone to do The Lone Ranger, The Shadow, another Phantom, etc. If FTC no longer has the license, maybe a better Tarzan too.

2. Harry Potter. FTC had the right idea, but their timing and execution were off. Potter is a hot property again, and if Mego could get Hermione and other character licenses, these would look great in the HP section at Target. Toss in some Fantastic Beast movie figures too.

3. Archie. Not the *******ized Riverdale. True, 1970s and 1980s fun lovin' Archie & The Gang figures. Toss in their Riverdale counterparts (ugh!) if it helps sales and inclusion.

That's all I can think of. I really don't collect much outside of heroes, so I would also buy One Punch Man, The Tick and similar hero properties as well.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                  The Warriors!!!!!
                  This would be awesome. According to Warriors movie website there is about 80 different gangs. Each wave could have one Warrior and two or three different gang members. As long they do one from the Baseball Furies. Those psycho Yankees guys were cool. Ive been wanting to make a Furies leader for over 10 yrs now. So far all I have is a Conan head on a type-s body. I thought Conan would be a good choice because of his hair. I dont know how to make the outfit and I am not a good painter.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Blake's 7.
                    Red Dwarf.
                    Classic and New Dr. Who.
                    1987 Beauty and the Beast.
                    All versions of Dracula except for the Nosferatu.
                    Pirates of the Caribbean.
                    Avengers.
                    Black Panther.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                      This would be awesome. According to Warriors movie website there is about 80 different gangs. Each wave could have one Warrior and two or three different gang members. As long they do one from the Baseball Furies. Those psycho Yankees guys were cool. Ive been wanting to make a Furies leader for over 10 yrs now. So far all I have is a Conan head on a type-s body. I thought Conan would be a good choice because of his hair. I dont know how to make the outfit and I am not a good painter.
                      I love the Warriors movie and that would be on my wishlist too, but there's just too many characters for it to feel complete to me.

I would want MOST of the Warriors: Swan, Ajax, Cochise, Cowboy, and Rembrandt at least. And Vermin. And I guess Cleon and Snow. Ok, I want all of them.

Then Cyrus, Luther, and Mercy. And the leader of the Orphans.

I need an army of Baseball Furies.

and at least a few Gramercy Riffs and Turnbull A.C.s.

Man, I don't even have a shelf that would hold all of them!!
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

I really hope they bring back Planet of the Apes. Time it to release with the next Apes film and expand the line to include not only the previous figures, but some from the most recent films as well.

If Mego really wants to move beyond just the retro market, and into the hardcore collecting community, I'd love to see them do figures from popular video game franchises like Final Fantasy (like Final Fantasy VII) and Metal Gear Solid. If done right, they'd be huge sellers.

For me personally, I'd also like to see them do Universal Monsters and Dark Shadows. Time those for the Fall/Autumn and put them in Target's Halloween section and they'll sell out almost immediately. If that worked, a second or third series featuring Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and Jason Vorhees would be another winner.

I'm limiting my suggestions to things I'd like, but which I think would also make money.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

I really hope at some point they do POTA. I would love to see the original 10 get reissues then add more characters. Ursus and Urko really need a reissue by the new Mego.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                            I really hope at some point they do POTA. I would love to see the original 10 get reissues then add more characters. Ursus and Urko really need a reissue by the new Mego.
                            Yes, I was hoping POTA was going to be one of the announcements. But I suppose it could still happen down the line?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Yes, I was hoping POTA was going to be one of the announcements. But I suppose it could still happen down the line?
                              I think it's a strong bet, assuming the initial sales go as hoped (and I think they will). The advantage of low production numbers (10,000) is that you are far less likely to have stuff clogging the shelves like Hasbro does with Star Wars.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                                I love the Warriors movie and that would be on my wishlist too, but there's just too many characters for it to feel complete to me.

I would want MOST of the Warriors: Swan, Ajax, Cochise, Cowboy, and Rembrandt at least. And Vermin. And I guess Cleon and Snow. Ok, I want all of them.

Then Cyrus, Luther, and Mercy. And the leader of the Orphans.

I need an army of Baseball Furies.

and at least a few Gramercy Riffs and Turnbull A.C.s.

Man, I don't even have a shelf that would hold all of them!!
                                You would also need the other Warrior named Fox and the leader of the Punks. The dudes on roller skates who they had that bathroom brawl with.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎