Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

There's a chance to see them at retail with KB Toys coming back. As to what lines they can use,why not their in-house stuff like Fighting Yank or Dinah Mite?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I'm enjoying this thread! It's fun to see the different way people think Mego will return.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I bet it's Clown Around and Puppet Love.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 22, 2018

Plus I just heard that Jimi Hendrix will indeed be among the new Megos! All hail The Original Purple One...

^^^ ^^^
          https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            I bet it's Clown Around and Puppet Love.
            Sweet Innocence & Her Friends 2020!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Mego Magyar
              While the original Micronauts are not possible I'd love to see the Marvel Comics version
              I don't even think those would be possible. James Gunn wanted to have Bug in the first Guardians film, and although he was a character created especially for the comic so theoretically should be owned by Marvel, the Marvel/Disney lawyers couldn't find out if this was 100% true, so they didn't risk using him. Probably the same with any potential toy license as well.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

After reading through all of this, I think I am now worn out on speculation and look forward to the announcement. It was kind of fun at first but by the time we got to Barney Google and the Katzenjammer Kids I was feeling mighty bummed out.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

If they want to make money right off the bat, hopefully they've worked out a deal to produce GAME OF THRONES figures since those would likely sell to a wide demographic rather than just MEGOheads. Other almost guaranteed sellers would be the STRANGER THINGS license and possibly reissues of previous superhero figures (depending on who they can get licenses from). X-FILES would likely go over well and I would personally love to see FARSCAPE characters in MEGO form. I am wondering what the final price point on these will be since part of the appeal of the original MEGOs was the fact that they were of excellent quality and AFFORDABLE.
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

This is not a knock at Stranger Things or Game of Thrones. They are both popular shows but don't really work as mass market toys. Funko already tried GOT in 3 3/4 inch and 6 inch scale and they didn't sell well. Even on deep discount they sat at my local Barnes and Nobles for ages. Same with Stranger Things the toys aren't moving. We probably need to think more mainstream, kid friendly and nostalgic.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

kids today don't really play with toys for very long. it's sad.

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

Has it been mentioned if they will be going with bodies that exactly mimic the classic bodies or will this be something new? I would not mind to see some of the classic Mego releases updated, Star Trek especially and please mold the heads in skin tones, not painted on faces. Maybe 3D printed painted faces like SH Figurearts action figures and recent Hasbro Marvel and Star Wars figures. I’m really hoping Westworld is considered for a license. I’m really nostalgic for Old West movies and collectibles now and would love to get licensed John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Bonaza figures. I’d also lose my mind for some Blazing Saddles figures!

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Sorry for two consecutive posts, but I just thought I’d really love to finally get a Vincent Price Mego Figure too!

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Young Vincent Price or old Vincent Price?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

This will be tricky since, as far as boys go it's all about video games, sports, war etc.
                              Would new mego attempt characters from video games and sports to entice sales?

Comment

• bgiles73
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 14, 2010

JediJaida - Both. I’d like “House of Wax” all the way up to “Edward Scissor Hands”! Would love some Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee also. Ingrid Pitt, Elvira, Edgar Allen Poe....I want all of them too. I’ll take a Jack the Ripper and Litzy Borden too!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎