Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmattioli
    Connecticut Collector
    • Jul 8, 2004

Personally I'm going to stick with the vintage, maybe there will be a sell off of the old school Megos with folks in search of the new line.. Can't even imagine chasing a new line I'm a 70's child..

Comment

• CKMBDavis
      • Nov 21, 2013

What about Sid & Marty Krofft properties? I'd totally be into Bigfoot & Wild Boy, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, and/or Land Of The Lost figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ Excellent idea!!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Did anyone post the full video of Marty's announcement? I thought I saw it. Would love to watch it all over again. Someone told me a very handsome man stands up at one point and models a t-shirt. LOL
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Frank
            Veteran Member
            • May 2, 2009

I think we are going to get 5 New Trek characters, 5 New Marvel Superheroes, 5 New Monsters , and 5 New Ape characters .... all by Mego.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

They said different scales ....maybe a continuation of Buck Rogers I know I know wicked long shot but I want my hawk dammit. And doubt Trek because mcfarlane toys has the master toy license.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Frank
                I think we are going to get 5 New Trek characters, 5 New Marvel Superheroes, 5 New Monsters , and 5 New Ape characters .... all by Mego.
                Oh, my God! That would be so awesome... Frankly any other license would be an easy pass for me...
                And EMCE did start these lines and left incompleted.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Frank
                  That would be cool, but with Star Trek logically Sulu and Chekov, but diamond select already made those, so why bother doing it over again, Harry Mudd would be a nice addition along with Nurse Chapel and Janice Rand, possible a correct version Talosian and Klingon Kor, at least that would be my picks. For WGSH POTA and Mad Monsters, I wouldn't know.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

The key point is retail. Marty says at one point he wouldn't have come back to do hundred-run productions, as it's too hard of work to get right (for such a small amount). Apes, Trek and Universal Monsters don't have the brand strength today they did twenty years ago.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      Did anyone post the full video of Marty's announcement? I thought I saw it. Would love to watch it all over again. Someone told me a very handsome man stands up at one point and models a t-shirt. LOL
                      Your modeling debut I fear may also be your swan song.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

I like the idea of continuing Marvel, Trek, Apes and Monsters.

What if there are 4 figures per wave what would 5th license be?

Marvel- Iron Man, Hulk and Falcon reissues with Infinity War out. Complete Fantastic 4 wave with F4 comic book returning

Trek- Classic Kirk and Spock variants, Chapel, Vina, Rand, more Aliens. Next Generation

Apes- Taylor, Nova, TV apes?

Monsters- Invisible Man, Hunchback, Dr Frankenstein, Igor

5th wave Unless FTC has a lock on all DC then DCEU and CW DC TV, Star Wars is still a fantasy.

Besides 8" what licenses in other formats- 12"? Pocket?

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

If the big cheeses are reading this...please...PLEASE do an ALIEN line.

Humans: Ripley, Bishop (ok, Android, lol), Vasquez, Hicks, Hudson, Dallas. Xenomorphs: Big Chap, Dog Alien, Alien Queen. Ships: Nostromo, Sulaco, Derelict Ship, APC. Weapons: Pulse Rifle, Incinerator, Smartgun...

...do that...and I’ll buy every single figure twice...at least...

Last edited by Hector; Jun 6, '18, 12:59 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector

Humans: Ripley, Bishop (ok, Android, lol), Vasquez, Hicks, Hudson, Dallas. Xenomorphs: Big Chap, Dog Alien, Alien Queen. Ships: Nostromo, Sulaco, Derelict Ship, APC. Weapons: Pulse Rifle, Incinerator, Smartgun...

I'll 2nd that! If the NEW Mego Corp. is going to anything like the "old Mego"...then they will hire really talented Sculptors. The likeness's on the original Megos still hold up today(Star Trek for example!)!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• kerowack
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by Hector

I think this is the type of license they have to go for. It's weird. Old guys (like us) aren't into the newer licenses as much, but a newer and/or popular license has to be taken into consideration for sales. Marty Croft action figures sound like the biggest peg warmers of all time. Can't do that. Same with other older licenses. Buck Rogers? NO WAY. It has to be along the lines of Alien. I think a Princess Bride line could do okay because it has a cult fanbase and have never had figures made for it. This is going to be interesting.

Comment

• kerowack
                                Career Member
                                • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by jayraytee
                                Yeah but Mego made Happy Days, Welcome Back Kotter, Space 1999, Monsters, Knights, Planet of the Apes, Chips, Star Trek, etc. The Marvel/DC thing is what made them Mego. And I say it again, modern kids in general are not going to be interested in Mego style figures. They had better maximize the collector market who are actually interested in this type of figure. Marvel and DC are the heavy hitters in that market, Star Wars and Star Trek are up there, but I don't see any Star Wars megos being made at least not any good ones. There would have to be a lot of unique parts and tooling, alien and droid parts, etc. It would be expensive if they didn't go lame.

We all have side want lists of shows and junk that would be cool, but today's Mego is not going to be able to be the Mego of the 70s. In the 70s it was the style of figure was hot and they could make any license and it would sell some. Today the style of figure is not as hot, they will have to hit big licenses to carry any smaller ones later.

Exactly. I agree with this entire post.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎