X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Mego 50th Bizarro (Wave 18)

Bending... a little more... and a little... *SNAP* There goes Bizarro's right forearm. There is a special type of disappointment when a new toy, fresh out the package breaks. I've been very careful with moving the joints on these, but it looks like the joint was fused and any pressure was headed for a snap.

Besides the brittle arm, it's mostly Superman with a different color costume and different head. I think the Superman fabric is better quality though. The other issue is the cheap cardboard "Bizarro #1" necklace was stuck to the costume with a sticky substance. I pulled it off with no damage and put something over the sticky stuff, but I wasn't loving that either.

The head sculpt is either love or hate for some. For me, it's okay. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Mego went with the darker color scheme, which I wasn't a fan of, but looks nicer in person and actually fits the chosen head design.

But that cardboard with a thin threaded necklace... woof!

Here is one-armed Bizarro

Mego Bizarro 1.jpg Mego Bizarro 2.jpg Mego Bizarro 3.jpg

Not a bad looking figure.

Here is Mego Bizarro with FTC Bizarro. This is an extra stock Bizarro that I bought in case I wanted to try a swap of costumes or parts between the too. The FTC one looks much better on a Type-S body... Really!!!

Mego Bizarro & FTC.jpg

And Bizarro with his new pal, Superman

Mego Bizarro & Superman.jpg
  • puckace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 5, 2009

Wow what a bummer to have it break right out of the package! I hope you can easily get a replacement. I have to say that this figure looks better to me than the FTC one pictured. I like the darker colors and the head sculpt goes well with the costume. However, the cardboard necklace is lame and will probably be ditched shortly after I open mine. Come on ZLC ship a few of these soon.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

I passed on this one because of the modern darker costume. It's a nice figure but wish they would keep everything classic with these. Modern touches kill it for me.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I do have a regular Supes costume on a white body waiting for this figure. I do wish they had gone full classic on the colors, but didn't DC have something to say in this instance?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I think I remember reading somewhere that DC wanted the modern dark color on him. I think it's a great looking figure otherwise and would have bought it had it been completely classic.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

I’m contemplating using the FTC Super Friends Bizarro costume for this figure, but the modern colors are kind of growing on me.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

The modern colors are growing on me too. I haven’t figured out which one I want in my shelf display yet.

And I have a replacement that should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Overall I like the figure especially the head but that break is very disappointing.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Figure8
                  Museum Patron
                  • May 18, 2016

Sorry about that arm, man, that's really disappointing. I like the colors of the suit, the sculpt not so much. Both FTC and Mego reference a look I don't recall from any Bizarro story I've ever read. Guess, this one's a pass for me.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I received a replacement Bizarro yesterday. This time the left elbow was tight, along with the left knee. I undressed him and carefully got the joints loose and moving. They are still tight, especially the elbow, but they move enough and I have a whole Bizarro to harass my Mego 50th Superman.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎