X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Brainiac, with modifications

Here’s the Mego Brainiac with the costume from the FTC Brainiac for the best of both worlds. The costume made by Mego is certainly more in line with what the company would have done in the Seventies but I much prefer FTC’s take on the costume. I kept Mego’s boots for simplicity.

The head sculpt is fantastic, and the knee issue has been resolved. All in all, I am very pleased.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

So nice, and what I want to do as well. But I can't find a FTC Brainiac, ouch.

Boy is he dark green though, major Mego misstep IMO.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

That turned out really nice. FTC's Super Friends Brainiac is an outstanding figure and I always wished I had a second one to use the costume to make a comic version. Now I really wish I had that second one. Nice job!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

I could never get past how oversized the head was on FTC’s Brainiac and only purchased it with the thought of replacing the head. Fast forward a few years and here we are

I do wish Mego’s version was a lighter shade of green but the sculpt is everything I could ask for in a Brainiac.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Brainiac does have a huge noggin! But I think he fits in well with the Super Friends display. I wish the Mego Brainiac was a bit lighter too, but FTC's was a bit too light. They need to meet at a nice in-between point.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

It does look really good, a bit on the darker green side but still a nice piece.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎