Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Star Trek Gals?????

Is this for real?
    Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-10T05-20-07.731Z.png
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Those just look like some very well painted resin heads: High grade customs. (I can't say this with absolute certainty, but that's my guess.)

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
      Those just look like some very well painted resin heads: High grade customs. (I can't say this with absolute certainty, but that's my guess.)
      I'm pretty sure they are all James Brady sculpts. The scoop came from a very credible source.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher

I'm pretty sure they are all James Brady sculpts. The scoop came from a very credible source.
        So you're thinking these are actually prototypes?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Some of James Brady's other custom figures have turned into real Mego released figures. David Eon from Open By Chance on youtube had them in his most recent video featuring upcoming figures. Timestamp at 17:12 for the info. He's usually pretty reliable with his info.
          Time once again for an ALL NEW Weekly Roundup Video!!!Join Open by Chance on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/761305364343698/www.instagram.com/open...

Comment

• teddyk
            • Feb 24, 2008

Wow it is so cool to hear this, BUT would they really release females without rooted hair? I realize it would be pretty hard to do Janice Rand otherwise, but they wouldn't feel "Mego" to me without rooted hair. I remember the prototypes (from some years ago) of Chapel and Vina looked pretty awesome with rooted hair.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Nah, these are customs and some guy posted them on the Mego Ambassador site as a push or a promo for Mego to make them. It’s not an announcement from Mego.

I think the only sculpt that is James Brady is the one on the right. The two in the middle were commissioned by Andy Mangles, and I don’t know where the one on the left came from.
              Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Feb 10, '24, 10:14 AM. Reason: Poor grammar.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• teddyk
                • Feb 24, 2008

Ah got it, thanks! I also saw a post on FB with the same info. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Mego Chapel sometime soon...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

These are a mixed bag IMO.

As for the YTuber, it's always interesting to see what non-Mego fans say about Mego.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• puckace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Feb 5, 2009

Well Mego if you are reading this thread, I would purchase all four of these.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Yes, these are custom painted sculpts, but we can wish though. I have the Marta Orion Slave Girl, which is a James Brady sculpt, but I’ve never seen any of the others, I think the Andrea looks pretty good.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 23, 2008

The lack of female Star Trek characters and just characters recently is why I actually stopped collecting Mego altogether. I get that they are a business and need to do what sells best but we really needed to finish the original crew set for years now and still haven't gotten Rand or Chapel.

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

A more accurate Uhura wouldn't hurt either. Could be used for a Mirror Universe counterpart as well.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Oh wow, yeah, those are customs. Nicely done and while I totally get the blurred lines here with James being behind some awesome factory made Mego figures but no, that isn't a scoop. Sources need to be checked, I'm glad Lonnie brought this up.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎