Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hard to find new Ace Frehley/Spaceman figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

hard to find new Ace Frehley/Spaceman figures?

hey, friends! merry Christmas, long time since I've said hello! mental/physical health's been a *****

been digging into the KISS discography, over the last month or so, and remembered MEGO had just put out a 4-some of new KISS figures.
    main thing: I'm only seeing Gene, Paul, and Peter for sale new/second-hand for a decent rate (~$20 each), but you can only find Ace second-hand, for ~$100.

there was probably a post that explained this a couple years back, but I poked around online and learned that Ace Frehley owns/licenses the Spaceman makeup to KISS; any idea if he didn't know/wasn't on board with the new toys & had them pulled? the cardback also mentions his song "Shock Me", making it extremely Ace Frehley-specific, so I was just curious as a new fan!

cheers!
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Ace tends to claim that he owns the makeup rights, but he sold the rights to KISS in the 90’s. The four original makeup designs have been registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, with ownership and licensing rights solely held by Simmons and Stanley.

I think the high price on Ace figure is due to a combination of Ace being highly popular and that figure not being widely available at Target like Gene and Paul were.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Beatlemania
      • Sep 28, 2014

awesome factoids, thank you Crimson!

have this plan for a little MEGO KISS diorama on my bookshelf, was just curious about my options for collecting--thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎