X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

He-Man?

Would there be any possibility of He-man characters? Would love a few of the main characters.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I would say no way Mattel would let another toy co play with their house license but Mego did make GI Joe figures so …

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I am not sure Mego would really bring anything to the table for He-Man. So much of the MOTU aesthetic is the rippling muscles. Mego bodies have an athletic build... but not jacked like you would need for He-Man.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I have toyed with the idea of doing ReMego MOTU size most heads could fit on the current bodies, but I never found time to work on the project.

The figure size compared to the comic book size really is different. It's like the 3.75 inch version with there "swimmer" build.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

It would be cool. I'm just not sure Mattel would license it out. Mattel has become a lot more protective of the brand since Super7 had the license. License issues aside, there's the enormous amount of tooling costs that would be involved. Not just new bodies but also all the unique weapons, shields, armor, etc. that Mego would never be able to re-use.

It would probably be easier to license out Thundercats from Warner Brothers. But you still run into all the same prohibitive tooling costs.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

I wouldn't mind the body difference. I already collect origins but would want Megos just to add to my Mego collection.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
              Would there be any possibility of He-man characters? Would love a few of the main characters.
              I don’t think so. As Conan was Mattel’s inspiration for He-Man anyway, I’d rather Mego just do Conan and other Robert E. Howard characters instead.

Comment

• Mejo
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 30, 2022

I'd be down for a Skeletor figure. But Mego might have to make a new super-muscular body type for it to look authentic. But then they must be working on something like that if they're going to be doing Hulk eventually.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎