X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Favorite NEWLY made characters?

Of the characters made since Mego's return, which are your favorites that WERE NOT made by Mego back in the 1970s/1980s?

What is the best of the new era of Mego?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Ansanauts George Taylor & Brent, the two versions of the Mutant Leader, and Caesar.

I'd say General Ursus with the more screen accurate outfit too, but there *was* an Ursus released in the 70s, so I'm not sure if he'd meet the criteria?

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Nope. Variants of existing figures don't count, so the Big Lots variants are right out, though any of the NEW WGSH and DC characters would.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
        I'd say General Ursus with the more screen accurate outfit too, but there *was* an Ursus released in the 70s, so I'm not sure if he'd meet the criteria?
        I'd say the same thing but since he was "disqualified", I'll go with Ape City Taylor.
        Scott

Comment

• puckace
          Museum Super Collector
          • Feb 5, 2009

Off the top of my head, I'd have to go with WGSH Flash. I always wanted one as a kid. Now he's finally here. Dream come true for me.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

It's funny...there have been a few 8" scale Flash figures between the end of Old Mego, and the beginning of New Mego, but it took Mego to get him right. Mattel's effort was just too weirdly proportioned, and FTC's didn't look quite right. Even Mego's first couple attempts were slightly off, but this newest version is damn near perfect.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Star Trek, Mr. Sulu and Mr. Chekov, maybe they weren’t popular enough to make back in the day, but I remember wishing they had been.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by puckace
                Off the top of my head, I'd have to go with WGSH Flash. I always wanted one as a kid. Now he's finally here. Dream come true for me.
                WGSH Flash for sure for me. Green Lantern isn't too bad either...glad they included the battery of power with it. For the established ones...Superman is still the man!

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

I think the Headless Horseman might be my favorite new Mego,followed closely by the 2 Lord of the Rings figures.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

The Green Arrow figure on the new body. I don't mean the reissue WGSH, the "fixed" Topps version.

The colors just POP and the costume looks so neat.

Also love Toxic Avenger and Rocketeer.
                    Last edited by KingKickass1983; Nov 25, '23, 11:34 PM.
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• LardLad
                      Museum Patron
                      • Mar 13, 2012

I would have to vote for Kang and Kor, the two new Klingons. The sculpts and the costumes were excellent.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                        The Green Arrow figure on the new body. I don't mean the reissue WGSH, the "fixed" Topps version.

The colors just POP and the costume looks so neat.

Also love Toxic Avenger and Rocketeer.
                        green arrow was made by Mego in the 1970s. I'm asking about never made characters.

Comment

• Mejo
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 30, 2022

Kang. Still waiting for Kor.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I think my favorite is the Universal Monsters Invisible Man figure. Such an awesome figure!

Comment

• hizzy
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 1, 2023

Flash and Green Lantern are amazing. I think I will love Dr Fate and Red Tornado,. Reverse Flash is a nice addition to the line up.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎