Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burnside986
    • Nov 26, 2022

FTC Conan help

Hello. Long time listener first time caller and apologies if this is not the appropriate way to ask this.

My wife gifted me the FTC Conan recently and Im an opener so out he came. Shortly afterwards his arm came off. Im completely ignorant to how these guys are constructed. If anyone could guide me to a video showing FTC repair would be appreciated. I dont know the terms for body types or parts so trying to search is difficult for me.

Thanks!
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

"Re-string" is probably the term you are looking for. Here is a good article:

You probably want to note how your figure came apart. If something snapped off, the technique shown in the article may not work.

If you aren't up for a project, there are also several better bodies that you can replace it with, including the Type S body sold by FTC/CTVT. Moving the head and clothing to a new body would be easy.

Comment

• burnside986
      • Nov 26, 2022

Originally posted by sprytel
      "Re-string" is probably the term you are looking for. Here is a good article:

You probably want to note how your figure came apart. If something snapped off, the technique shown in the article may not work.

If you aren't up for a project, there are also several better bodies that you can replace it with, including the Type S body sold by FTC/CTVT. Moving the head and clothing to a new body would be easy.
      Looking inside the chest I can see S type hooks. Is that what they mean by Type S body?

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

The S stands for "hope"
        ...I mean, "solid". Solid. It is a bandless body.

Your current Conan figure should have two elastic bands with hooks on both ends. One set will hook from left arm pit to the right hip, the other will hook from right arm pit to the left hip. The bigger metal connector is used for the arms.

You can pull slightly on the arms/legs that are still connected to pop them out of the socket enough to see what I'm talking about. The elastic will pull them right back in place after you are done.

Sometimes the plastic "rings" where the metal connects breaks off. If that happens, you cannot simply re-connect it. But if they are still there, you can always try taking some needle nose pliers or even a good firm twisty-tie and use that to pull the band back in position. Pull it a little beyond the arm hole and try reconnecting it. Again, the band is elastic... so as long as you don't pull too far, you can tug it out far enough to work with.

If that approach doesn't work, that is where the re-string article or replacement body would be necessary.

Comment

• burnside986
          • Nov 26, 2022

Originally posted by sprytel
          The S stands for "hope"
          ...I mean, "solid". Solid. It is a bandless body.

Your current Conan figure should have two elastic bands with hooks on both ends. One set will hook from left arm pit to the right hip, the other will hook from right arm pit to the left hip. The bigger metal connector is used for the arms.

You can pull slightly on the arms/legs that are still connected to pop them out of the socket enough to see what I'm talking about. The elastic will pull them right back in place after you are done.

Sometimes the plastic "rings" where the metal connects breaks off. If that happens, you cannot simply re-connect it. But if they are still there, you can always try taking some needle nose pliers or even a good firm twisty-tie and use that to pull the band back in position. Pull it a little beyond the arm hole and try reconnecting it. Again, the band is elastic... so as long as you don't pull too far, you can tug it out far enough to work with.

If that approach doesn't work, that is where the re-string article or replacement body would be necessary.
          Ok thank you! I was thinking the open end of the S hook would need to be what went thru the arms connector hole.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎