Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Reverse Flash emblem is supposed to be backwards the lightning should point opposite way than Flash emblem. Mezco got RF emblem right and villainous face and Mezco One:12 Reverse Flash (& Flash w/ Barry & Wally heads!) is better. They include attachable lightning for arms and legs and mini Tornado, Too!

I am still getting FTC Flash Series 1. Flash is better with red hands not rubber gloves and new boots same as Super Friends Flash I believe. Boomerang and Trickster are excellent and I hope Rogues on card back get made, too and Others! Barry Allen was a nice surprise even if it is blonde Bruce Wayne head. Every new FTC figure needs a new head.

Please, FTC show pics of Wonder Woman Series 1 and Cheetah next!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Silver and Bronze Age Prof. Zoom/Reverse Flash has an emblem that is consistently the same direction as The Flash, but with alternate coloring. It's not a Bizarro motif.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 19, '17, 4:17 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Space Ghost is a huge disappointment for me, your pics are saving me a ton of cash on these figures. Wish Flash and Zoom were better executed, too.
        Feel the same.
        sigpic

Comment

• Figure8
          Museum Patron
          • May 18, 2016

Reverse Flash is probably the rogue I wanted most, besides Mirror Master. But these identical sculpts for Flash and his arch enemy just don't work for me. That friendly smile on the man who killed Iris Allen? Guess I'll only get the figure if I can find a really good deal at some point. I'm only glad Boomerang and especially Trickster turned out so well. Flash himself is a pass since I already have the fistfighter. I still want a version with red hands but prefer the Mego-like card. Barry Allen is a must despite the recycled head. I guess FTC can't expect enough sales to justify an original sculpt in this case.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Got my order yesterday. I think Captain Boomerang looks great and I hope Trickster does too, but unfortunately they shipped me 2 Boomerangs. Never had to return something before. They seem to have good customer service, at least.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Does Space Ghost have socked feet under the boots?

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Ooooooooo, that Space Ghost

Besides the costume issue at the neck line, I wonder if a Type S body can save him? Might be work a try if he gets sold loose or as parts, which I am not expecting the latter. So much excitement, so much disappointment.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  Does Space Ghost have socked feet under the boots?
                  Yep, he has socked feet. The whole body is black though, so that thin white material isn't thick enough to prevent that color from bleeding through the entire costume. And when you turn his head, he BARELY has a nose in the profile. I think in terms of design and factory miscues, this is the worst figure I have ever had. Disappointing too since I was really looking forward to a Mego Space Ghost figure.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

It is getting easier and easier for me to pass on the latest offerings from FTC. What is up with the odd headsculpts on Billy Batson and Space Ghost? Still on my list of gets will be Johnny Quest, Two Face, MAYBE Batgirl (not sure about those boots) and maybe the last couple runs of Super Friends. Flash looks pretty good as well.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Yep, he has socked feet. The whole body is black though, so that thin white material isn't thick enough to prevent that color from bleeding through the entire costume. And when you turn his head, he BARELY has a nose in the profile. I think in terms of design and factory miscues, this is the worst figure I have ever had. Disappointing too since I was really looking forward to a Mego Space Ghost figure.
                      Actually, the nose thing is pretty accurate to the character; the mask in the original toon showed very little in the line of facial details. This pic is pretty dead on to what we usually saw in the 60's:

I think it's a very hard head to get right in shape, and it doesn't look like they did a bad job on that save for the way the neck plugs in so awkwardly. My big concern is the size here and what I'm seeing of the suit. Using a white body would have been better and just having the neck come up to where it should; black under white is going to showcase every seam in a bad way. Really hesitating on this one.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        Actually, the nose thing is pretty accurate to the character; the mask in the original toon showed very little in the line of facial details. This pic is pretty dead on to what we usually saw in the 60's:

I think it's a very hard head to get right in shape, and it doesn't look like they did a bad job on that save for the way the neck plugs in so awkwardly. My big concern is the size here and what I'm seeing of the suit. Using a white body would have been better and just having the neck come up to where it should; black under white is going to showcase every seam in a bad way. Really hesitating on this one.
                        I think for me the problem with the sculpt (besides the plug) is they went after that big neck look, but in doing so they didn't decrease the angle inward as they got to the head. If you look at most illustrations of this hero, his neck line flares out. There's a caricature quality to the head and I think they kept his head in scale with the neck thus making it look too big for the body. Plus I never really considered the black portion of his mask to go so far down that it became part of his white costume as they do it here. Just my two cents.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

Anyone have hands on pictures of Flash? Is the belt positioned correctly? Or is it way high on the body? This is the make or break issue for me on this figure since it is screen printed on so you can't fix it if it is wrong.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• tiinacat
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 4, 2015

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            Anyone have hands on pictures of Flash? Is the belt positioned correctly? Or is it way high on the body? This is the make or break issue for me on this figure since it is screen printed on so you can't fix it if it is wrong.

JeffBearCO
                            posted over on the figures toy company site on Facebook.

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

Space Ghost looks shockingly disappointing to me. He went from top of the got to buy list to the bottom. Billy Batson looks better than earlier pictures conveyed. Thanks for sharing pictures of opened product.

I hope someone comes up with a nice, inexpensive solution for SG.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, that high belt just kills it for me. And the Super Friends figure costume has the right level belt, but a complete yellow symbol which is correct for him. The solution would be to take the SF Flash costume and cover the symbol and use the Flash Series 1 head. I really don't want to have to buy 2 figures and kit bash them together to get the one figure I want.

This gives me a sad.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎