Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boxed figures, any chance the boxes will be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Bravo Chad. A very nicely stated overview on issues allot of us certainly share with you. Thanks for allowing us to see this.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
      Museum Patron
      • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by wise guy
      I ordered a set of Titans fron FTC with free shipping and they sent me 1 Robin,1 BeastBoy, and 2 doves (no Hawk). I contacted them and the owner told me that I had to
      send 1 Dove back( first class) and I had to pay shipping even though it came with free shipping. it cost me 14.00 to ship it back (and I did get a Hawk) but it was their mistake
      from the beginning so watch out for so called free shipping (BBTS would have sent return labels with no charge). I called them about the shipping and I was told that owner
      made the decision
      That's some garbage. I'd fill out a Visa Fraud Report on 'em if that happened to me. Or a PayPal claim. Tie them up for a while until they did the right thing. I mean, that really sucks.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I ordered a set of Titans fron FTC with free shipping and they sent me 1 Robin,1 BeastBoy, and 2 doves (no Hawk). I contacted them and the owner told me that I had to
        send 1 Dove back( first class) and I had to pay shipping even though it came with free shipping. it cost me 14.00 to ship it back (and I did get a Hawk) but it was their mistake
        from the beginning so watch out for so called free shipping (BBTS would have sent return labels with no charge). I called them about the shipping and I was told that owner
        made the decision
        They made a mistake once on an order I placed and asked me to ship it back as cheaply as possible. I shipped it back priority mail with tracking and they credited my account. I would check your website account to see if they placed a credit on it. You should have one. It would be completely wrong of them to ask you to eat the shipping to fix their mistake.

Comment

• Riderfan
          Megos are cool
          • Feb 14, 2012

Sadly I believe FTC is now, more than ever, about quantity & not quality. In a niche market with little competition this could work...or not...

K
          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

Does it seem odd to anyone else that so many opinions are being based upon, and as many conclusions are being drawn from, the single testament of an individual who can't seem to figure out how to post pictures here and can't seem to be bothered to take measurements for us?

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
              Does it seem odd to anyone else that so many opinions are being based upon, and as many conclusions are being drawn from, the single testament of an individual who can't seem to figure out how to post pictures here and can't seem to be bothered to take measurements for us?
              everyone's comments/opinions of FTC are not based upon that dudes post... they are based upon FTC track record.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                Fair point, but this thread was started based on stock FTC photos, which obviously point out the issue. Maybe nobody else here is willing to spend money to find out the boxes are what they are-undersized.

Perhaps you should buy a few & post your findings. I for one look forward to your results.

K
                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

I was just trying to be helpful. " That dude " is sorry he ever posted now. I don't have time to argue with you guys about why I don't bother to post pictures here. Oh I could figure it out but it's just not that big a deal to me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Riderfan
                    Fair point, but this thread was started based on stock FTC photos, which obviously point out the issue. Maybe nobody else here is willing to spend money to find out the boxes are what they are-undersized.

Perhaps you should buy a few & post your findings. I for one look forward to your results.

K
                    Honestly, I think you hit it. FTC isn't selling its product like it used to. Didn't see a lot of Scooby or Jonny postings either. There is probably a lot of packaging variant burn out with them, too. Then there are their own damning photos of figures squatted down in the boxes, and exactly one person here who bought some.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                      I was just trying to be helpful. " That dude " is sorry he ever posted now. I don't have time to argue with you guys about why I don't bother to post pictures here. Oh I could figure it out but it's just not that big a deal to me.
                      If you have a ruler you could at least measure them for confirmation here.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

There are actually plenty of pictures of the original boxes here on this page under the galleries.

The new boxes do look about an inch shorter and would pretty much obscure the heads of the figures. So, it is up to you. I'm still fine with getting the bagged figures.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I purchased my Titan set with a money order because I have had my personnel information hacked a while back. The owners name is Anthony and I have been buying stuff
                          from him since he used to sell box sets of Toy Biz X-men in the 90's and Figures was in another state ?. I am not sure how I would be credited without paypal or credit card
                          Last edited by wise guy; Feb 10, '17, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I purchased my Titan set with a money order because I have had my personnel information hacked a while back. The owners name is Athony and I have been buying stuff
                            from him since he used to sell box sets of Toy Biz X-men in the 90's and Figures was in another state ?. I am not sure how I would be credited without paypal or credit card
                            I submitted a copy of my receipt of payment and on my next purchase they applied the credit.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

You really don't have to anyways, you already stated in an earlier post on Feb 7, that you received RC Batman and
                              Supergirl and the boxes are to small, you have no reason to make that up, I can't speak for others but I myself take
                              your word for it.

I do understand that someone might want a picture for verification, not an unreasonable request, but if your unable too
                              it's not the end of the world.

If someone wants to buy these then that's fine, but don't be disappointed when you get them, the boxes are to small
                              it's not like you weren't warned ahead of time, but it's completely up to the individual.

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo

Comment

• markp67
                                • Jun 22, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                                You really don't have to anyways, you already stated in an earlier post on Feb 7, that you received RC Batman and
                                Supergirl and the boxes are to small, you have no reason to make that up, I can't speak for others but I myself take
                                your word for it.

I do understand that someone might want a picture for verification, not an unreasonable request, but if your unable too
                                it's not the end of the world.

If someone wants to buy these then that's fine, but don't be disappointed when you get them, the boxes are to small
                                it's not like you weren't warned ahead of time, but it's completely up to the individual.
                                Looks like FTC updated the pictures at their website, and they pretty much verify that the boxes are undersized. Quite a few of the figures' heads are cropped around the bridge of the nose area.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎