X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    There's no defending this. FTC knows this is happening. I know nearly 10 years ago, Cast-A-Way, a small, two-person company was rejecting factory made heads that were oversized. I know FTC is a much bigger company, so they should have someone who is in charge of QC.

Chris
    but there is no need to change if people keep buying it....that's just the truth

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

but there is no need to change if people keep buying it....that's just the truth
      Good point. If we're complaining but emptying out our wallets, then what do they care?

I for one haven't bought anything from them in a while. It has more to do with me having space issues and a collectibles room that is now a wreck, but these continuous issues have definitely dulled my enthusiasm for their product, which is a shame.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I'm still trying to figure out how that head fits inside the card bubble.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Slarivier
          • Sep 21, 2014

What I don't understand is how some companies fail to grasp how important dialogue is with their intended consumers. To most, silence = ambivalence. But when it comes to a consumer base that is eager to love a company's products, saying "Hey, we realize this is a problem. Here's how it happened, and here's our plan to fix it" goes a looooong way in retaining customers. I'm not talking about acknowledging every tiny complaint, but rather, in an extreme case like this figure, being forthcoming about validating the disappointment, and offering some disclosure in regards to the issue and the future solutions. For me, having someone say "Wow, okay, we kind of fumbled that one," is just so huge in keeping me loyal and engaged.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Slarivier
            What I don't understand is how some companies fail to grasp how important dialogue is with their intended consumers. To most, silence = ambivalence. But when it comes to a consumer base that is eager to love a company's products, saying "Hey, we realize this is a problem. Here's how it happened, and here's our plan to fix it" goes a looooong way in retaining customers. I'm not talking about acknowledging every tiny complaint, but rather, in an extreme case like this figure, being forthcoming about validating the disappointment, and offering some disclosure in regards to the issue and the future solutions. For me, having someone say "Wow, okay, we kind of fumbled that one," is just so huge in keeping me loyal and engaged.
            Exactly what you said!

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Slarivier
              It appears they care more to know "What figures do you want next?" and not "What can we do to improve our product?"

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

They have addressed the large head issue, though. Quite some time back, actually, and said they were going to fix it. Yet, it continues to happen.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Have they never heard of Hydrospan or Hydroshrink? They could use some and make all the wrong size heads accurate before making the steel mold. It's just that simple. If you can't get them sculpted the right size, resize them. Maybe the sculptor thought he was doing a two-up, and they just used that size.

Comment

• tiinacat
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 4, 2015

I have bought every figure every variant in the dc line. I love superboy.... And was looking fwd to this line.

I only got superboy. I'd hate to see FTC fail, but I won't pay for these. Kind of killing the fun.

Comment

• Monstar
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Good point. If we're complaining but emptying out our wallets, then what do they care?

I for one haven't bought anything from them in a while. It has more to do with me having space issues and a collectibles room that is now a wreck, but these continuous issues have definitely dulled my enthusiasm for their product, which is a shame.

Chris
                      Yeah I pretty much stopped after Batgirl. The only thing I have gotten since was the "villains variants." I was buying the other lines like Superman and was contemplating on Super Friends, but I would rather put my money toward something else like the Batman 66 Tweeterhead statues and the upcoming HT Romero...
                      http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

At this point the only figure we have seen that I might consider is Super Friends Batman. And I'm waiting to see just how big that head is.

I've been skipping a lot more than buying over the past year. And I was a die hard fan when they first started. I had never sent back a figure until Malfoy from the Harry Potter line. His head was a great sculpt and great paint, but the head would not even fit in the plastic properly. It arrived with the head actually bent over to one side. I sent it back unopened and traded it for a Ron who was only marginally better.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tiinacat
                          I have bought every figure every variant in the dc line. I love superboy.... And was looking fwd to this line.

I only got superboy. I'd hate to see FTC fail, but I won't pay for these. Kind of killing the fun.
                          They've lost a LOT of potential sales from me because of this. I bought multiples of Green Lantern because he came out right, and would have gotten multiple J'Onns, as well, had it been done right. Likely would have gotten an extra couple Flashes, too, but for the size. These are the figures the could have sold me multiples of had the heads been sized correctly (followed by the number I'd likely have gotten):
                          Bizarro 2 at least
                          Alfred 2
                          Gordon 1
                          Ra's 2
                          Jimmy Olsen 2, maybe 3
                          Perry White 1
                          J'Onn 2
                          Flash 2
                          Plas 1
                          Black Vulcan 2
                          Solomon Kane 1 at least
                          Adams Batman 3 at least (bought NONE)
                          Raven 2
                          And that's just off the top of my head. That's a lot of figures I would have gotten for customs (and, yes, I would have gotten the whole figure to have the base body, as well. Add on a few separate heads here and there, in addition). And that's a lot of money FTC didn't get because they outright refuse to address the problem with anything but words, and those few and far between.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            They've lost a LOT of potential sales from me because of this. I bought multiples of Green Lantern because he came out right, and would have gotten multiple J'Onns, as well, had it been done right. Likely would have gotten an extra couple Flashes, too, but for the size. These are the figures the could have sold me multiples of had the heads been sized correctly (followed by the number I'd likely have gotten):
                            Bizarro 2 at least
                            Alfred 2
                            Gordon 1
                            Ra's 2
                            Jimmy Olsen 2, maybe 3
                            Perry White 1
                            J'Onn 2
                            Flash 2
                            Plas 1
                            Black Vulcan 2
                            Solomon Kane 1 at least
                            Adams Batman 3 at least (bought NONE)
                            Raven 2
                            And that's just off the top of my head. That's a lot of figures I would have gotten for customs (and, yes, I would have gotten the whole figure to have the base body, as well. Add on a few separate heads here and there, in addition). And that's a lot of money FTC didn't get because they outright refuse to address the problem with anything but words, and those few and far between.
                            I'm with you on several of these. Some I didn't buy at all. Some I bought and regretted it.

Of the ones you listed, I have been most disappointed by J'Onn, Raven and Gordon. J'Onn and Raven are not only too big but just bad sculpts. I don't mind the Gordon sculpt but the head is a bit big.
                            I passed on Solomon specifically because of the outrageously sized head.
                            Black Vulcan's isn't much better. Very very rough.
                            Bizarro I let slide becuase, well, he's Bizarro.
                            At the end of the day, I have cut my purchases WAY back. I'm just not handing them my money like I used to when they don't seem to care about correcting a problem they are well aware of and very capable of fixing.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

If you want to see how really cheap FTC can be...take a look at Captain Cold's laughable revolver (freeze gun) repainted pink

that goes to show that FTC will go as cheap as they need to be...why change anything?

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

The body is the most important element, you have to get this right first. Having said that, the head is the next most crucial element in Mego Like figures. It's tough and you have to stand on China and demand they get it right. It means you slip dates or get delayed, and that makes people grumpy, but it ensures you make products people buy and keep buying. I t amazes me how companies get his wrong. Bif Bang Pow was notorious and following right along it's FTC/CTVT. As many lines as these two companies have made and as much money and business they have sent China, they have the juice to make them comply, they just choose not too, and people buy them too. It really boggles my mind. I may have only had 8 heads produced in China, but they were all in scale. Twice i had to tell China to re-do them and they did, but not until I said I would't purchase heads not in scale.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎