Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

they ALL SOUND GREAT ,i am in for them ,If a figure doesnt come with an accessory ,which some certainly should .i try and get one to
    add,i bought some extra lassos for wonderwomen ,and have a bif bang pow umberella for pengy ,that sort of thing ,need to get a mattel freeze
    gun for FTC capt cold ,his gun is awful .

Comment

• Gadgeteer
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 16, 2014

As good as those Quest figures are I can live without the little dog.
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Gadgeteer
        As good as those Quest figures are I can live without the little dog.
        I can't, he was an important cast member and will pass if he's left out.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

The name of the show is "The Adventures of Johnny Quest", not "The Adventures of Bandit".

I mean, I can almost see no "Scooby Doo. No SALE!" since he is the star of the show. But, even there I would struggle to not purchase Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, and Velma just because Scooby was missing. Especially, if the quality of figure is what I am seeing with the Johnny Quest line.

Let me put this in perspective through my eyes: what I am hearing you say is this...

No Robin? No Batman!

No Kato? No Green Hornet!

No Watson? No Holmes!

No Tonto? No Lone Ranger!

No Chewie? No Han!

No Patrick? No Spongebob!

Somebody needs to explain to me this rigid stance of, "No Bandit. No SALE!" because I just don't get it!
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

It just goes to show, it doesn't take much to give anyone a reason to no longer support a toy line or comic book or anything else. I have read countless messages from folks on the board here, along the spectrum of: well, they're not producing figures fast enough so I quit that line. Or FTC makes too many so I got rid of them and decided to concentrate on vintage. or I hate the bodies or the size of the noggins so I don't buy anything they make, etc, etc.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by megowgsh
              The name of the show is "The Adventures of Johnny Quest", not "The Adventures of Bandit".

I mean, I can almost see no "Scooby Doo. No SALE!" since he is the star of the show. But, even there I would struggle to not purchase Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, and Velma just because Scooby was missing. Especially, if the quality of figure is what I am seeing with the Johnny Quest line.

Let me put this in perspective through my eyes: what I am hearing you say is this...

No Robin? No Batman!

No Watson? No Holmes!

No Chewie? No Han!

Somebody needs to explain to me this rigid stance of, "No Bandit. No SALE!" because I just don't get it!
              I think the power of the keyboard inspires a bit of hyperbole when people make knee jerk assessments of product. Of course most of the time it's the same people not buying their stuff anyway so it's a punch that never lands where the company is concerned. That being said, it's an odd notion to release a Scooby Doo line initially without Scooby Doo. I think your analogy would work better if you said "I won't buy Robin because you have no Batman." That's more of the way this is coming out, so there is a bit of a detached sensibility to it since it's missing the title character.

If they never released Scooby or Bandit, I would get more of that lack of investment in the line, but it appears they are coming so I see no reason to boycott the series. On the other hand, it may not do much to help initial sales either since a display of such characters would beg to see Scooby in that mix. Bandit might be more of a secondary player in Jonny Quest (when comparing to Scooby), but still a essential player to the final display. I could see early sales being sluggish. I would like to have this series, but I'll wait until everything is out. There is so much freaking product in my collection, I'm now staying away from incomplete sets until I can get the whole enchilada. It's not a jab at FTC, just a personal preference for display reasons. I'm not buying anything I can't display immediately. The last thing I need is another box to store something.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
                I think the power of the keyboard inspires a bit of hyperbole when people make knee jerk assessments of product.
                I'm paraphrasing Louis CK here (and cleaning up the language) but I don't think people are really this crappy but this instant age makes it so easy to be crappy.

Probably why we get things like people wishing death on toy makers (who post here) because they don't like the aesthetic of a Batman doll.

I have no love for Johnny Quest but if the Super Friends line didn't have Gleek, I wouldn't have cared and still would have bought every one. Scooby Doo is the only one where I'd think it was bizarre if he wasn't made.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  ^^^ They did Gleek which should see reuse for Blip, a dog body for Scooby would get reused for Dynomutt and Wonder Dog, maybe Ace the Bathound, too.
                  If the body is accurate to Scoobert, then it would easily translate into Dynomutt. Problem I see with something like Krypto and Ace, though, would be the likely need for new legs, because Mr. Doo's feet would look clownish on a dog that's supposed to be more realistic. Wonder Dog presents problems, as well, because he's a lot shorter and squat-er than Scooby or the super hero pets. THe torso might be the one piece with wide re-use, but legs would have to vary. THat said, Scooby HAS to be coming (it would be like making the whole Batman line, without making a Batman), and the immediate re-use potential for Dynomutt with Blue Falcon already announced is equally sure.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

FTC is just lazy

There is no reason why Bandit shouldn't be included in Series 1 (because likely that's all we're getting anyway, ONE wave)

Again,FTC is lazy.....No 66 penguin Umbrella,No 66 Freeze gun for Mr Freeze,No lasso for SF Wonder Woman as examples

$30 plus shipping for these and they can't make accessories for when they are needed and important to the character? FTC is so cheap that they repainted their police gun revolver pink for SF Captain Cold LOL really?

Yes, Bandit needs to be included in the Johnny Quest wave 1 or otherwise I am not buying them. FTC needs to start paying attention to that and listen to their customers.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                      FTC is just lazy

There is no reason why Bandit shouldn't be included in Series 1 (because likely that's all we're getting anyway, ONE wave)

Again,FTC is lazy.....No 66 penguin Umbrella,No 66 Freeze gun for Mr Freeze,No lasso for SF Wonder Woman as examples

$30 plus shipping for these and they can't make accessories for when they are needed and important to the character? FTC is so cheap that they repainted their police gun revolver pink for SF Captain Cold LOL really?

Yes, Bandit needs to be included in the Johnny Quest wave 1 or otherwise I am not buying them. FTC needs to start paying attention to that and listen to their customers.
                      Posts like these are irratating as hell for me. FTC has dominated the Mego market for a while now and I've lost track of how many I've scratched off my bucket list because of their efforts.

They addressed concerns we had and improved their product. No not perfect but I don't see any one else releasing perfection either. They keep us updated WEEKLY where others can't be bothered for a year and even ask our opinion.

To call them lazy is just dumb. They are kicking the living hell out of their competition. Ever think the tooling costs to make a Bandit doesn't justify the sales?!

Sorry for the rant guys but I know how much FTC really does care and grow tired of the grand standing negative Nancy's.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

If it has to be explained to you I guess you aren't all that big a fan of the show. He's gets an opening credit name shot so Bandit is integral to the show. Same would go for me with the Scooby Doo line, I'd pass if no Scoob. Not one mention of Dynomutt with BF, either.

Originally posted by megowgsh

No Robin? No Batman!

No Watson? No Holmes!

No Chewie? No Han!

Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 14, '16, 6:00 PM.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
                          I think the power of the keyboard inspires a bit of hyperbole when people make knee jerk assessments of product. Of course most of the time it's the same people not buying their stuff anyway so it's a punch that never lands where the company is concerned.
                          I would be more than happy to send you pictures of my shelves full of FTC product to show you how invested I am in them. My assessment is by no means knee jerk, no Bandit means no sale to me. Fans of the series deserve a complete line and not most of it. I'd be slightly bummed if there was no wave two with some villains, but I'd be fine with one wave with the five main characters. I'm sure somewhere there are Harry Potter fans that passed when FTC stated no Hermoine for the line, and you see where that line went.
                          Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 14, '16, 5:57 PM.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 16, 2014

That little dog has always been and continues to be a trouble maker.
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Gadgeteer
                              That little dog has always been and continues to be a trouble maker.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                                They are kicking the living hell out of their competition.
                                Interesting, I (honestly) didn't know/think that anyone thought there was competition at stake, or anything to be *won* other than an equitable goal of ROI.

Rather, it seems there are a handful of companies (with mainstream distribution) each making their own versions/homage of Mego-like/Re-Mego/Retro figures for a relatively small buyer-base with some hits and misses along the way. Outside of that there's only a few other indy efforts that roll out product periodically in support of something most of us greatly enjoy/collect. I can't quite picture how FTC vs. Neca vs. DistinctiveDummies is a competition… the collective *we* is no Coke (Mattel) vs. Pepsi (Hasbro).

Randy from Neca was repeatedly asked/pestered about the lack of a bando on the Soldier Ape, and the reason why it wasn't included was the cost difference in whether or not the figure was produced. It may not be intuitive, but that's how tight the margin of risk can be in contemporary toy production. Quite a world…

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎